Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

OMEN?

Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I moved about 4 years ago and planted some rose bushes out back. The bushes all died, were replaced and the replacements died. I transplanted one bush 3 years ago which for 2 years just looked like a dead core with no green or growth. This summer it actually had a single stem start to grow culminating in a flower that opened Sept 23rd, the day of the SEC opener against MSST. Nothing since until about 3 weeks ago another stem grew and now has a bud on the end that looks about a week away from opening. Is it possible that this 2nd bloom will occur on Monday? We all know what happens then! Hoping that the second rose it has produced is a good omen! Go Dawgs

Comments

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

I like where your head's at

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Denmen185 said:
    I moved about 4 years ago and planted some rose bushes out back. The bushes all died, were replaced and the replacements died. I transplanted one bush 3 years ago which for 2 years just looked like a dead core with no green or growth. This summer it actually had a single stem start to grow culminating in a flower that opened Sept 23rd, the day of the SEC opener against MSST. Nothing since until about 3 weeks ago another stem grew and now has a bud on the end that looks about a week away from opening. Is it possible that this 2nd bloom will occur on Monday? We all know what happens then! Hoping that the second rose it has produced is a good omen! Go Dawgs

Yikes! We need 12ed to certify this as an actual omen. I think you got something there Denmen.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You plant roses????? ........

• chattdawgchattdawg Posts: 386 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@12ed have there been enough DV’s for this to be a sign?

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2017

I think Kirby must have planted Kudzu. It seems to be taking over everything!

• tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

this thread makes me smile in all kinds of ways

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pour some miracle grow on those bushes and make them bloom!

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Here’s a sign for ya, the 747 the Dawgs used to fly out west flew Clemson to NC game last year and Bama year before.