Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Dan Mullen forgot his meds

2»

Comments

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

all that team needed was a competent coach. Zook was like the inverse of Mullen, bad game day coach, great recruiter. Urban took a good base, and ran with it. Took over a conference that had no Saban. Georgia was in hold steady mode. LSU was still recovering from Saban's departure. The conference was down as a whole. Urban came in and changed the game.

Unless they improve recruiting from the top down, they will stay in this mode of every 4-5 years being able to contend when everything falls right. Can they improve recruiting without full help from the admin? I suppose, but I wouldn't bet on it as long as Mullen is the man in charge.

• Options
    HuckleberryHuckleberry Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fire Grantham and keep Mullllin? Mullllin would probably get one more year to show improvement. He would be a lame duck. What defensive coordinator in their right mind would ride that sinking ship? The folks with money in their pockets had better tell SS to clean house. Bring in a new coach and staff. That coach would be looking at at least a two year rebuilding job to fix the mess that Mullllin leaves. Florida would be sitting near the bottom of the East for those two years. Stick with Mullllin and maybe be a mid tier team for the next two years and no future as long as Mullllin is there. I would clean house now and look down the road. With a good hire they could be returning to being respectable in year three. With the portal the coach could hit it lucky and maybe be back in two years.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man, if I'm an up and coming HC and have offers from LSU, PSU or USC I'm taking USC. The P12 is just horrendous and USC is the only big game in town for recruiting. That is the program most likely to return to greatness.

• Options
    BaxleydawgBaxleydawg Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    jgwade99jgwade99 Posts: 52 ✭✭✭ Junior

Long live Cousin Eddie! I hope he stays at Floriduh forever!

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby broke him 🤣 🤣