Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

SEC Championship

2»

Comments

• HatrockHatrock Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

First time, Long time...

I wanted to share my thoughts on the game.

Does it matter that Alabama won several close games (1 score), having to overcome adversity? (Florida, Arkansas, LSU, Auburn) While we have won comfortably? (games being over in the first half, except Clemson)

My concern is, if the game is tight, Bama has more experience in those situations?

All those young players on Bama getting experience is something.

Not being glass half empty, but wanted to see what other people thought.😊

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All depends on how UGA reacts to a close game. I myself believe this team has the mental makeup to look adversity in the eye and overcome it.

And while Bama has overcome adversity in numerous games, do they have doubt in their mind that they can win the SEC? That's the flipside to your argument. When they've had to battle to beat a .500 LSU, a hobbled Auburn, overrated Florida, and decent Arky team. Does that spark doubt in their minds going against a UGA that's clearly better than those teams? I know they won't back down, nor will UGA. May the better team win.

• PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nice first post, but would you rather have a team that blew out all of those common opponents or one who struggled to win against them? If the shoe were on the other foot would folks be talking about UGA's strength because of their struggles to win games Bama breezed through? The Bama can win thread author voiced basically the same idea, but my question is why did UGA blow those teams out while Bama struggled? Gonna find out the answer at the Benz Saturday.

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Luck or not, pretty sure we did not score a point in the 4th quarter of any of those losses to Bama. Frustrating to say the least. Even a field goal would have delivered a Natty in 2017. We have another chance. It's not about redemption, it's about this team, this season and the incredible record of success and stability that Coach Smart and the administration have built. He wants to break all those b#%che$, and I believe he will. Go you Kirby Smart! Go Dawgs!

• Billy21Billy21 Posts: 194 ✭✭✭ Junior

These kind of games call for an elite awareness and instincts from a player that is typically a deciding factor in the game. I pray that Stetson is elite in both his instincts and decisions because I truly believe that this will be the underlying reason why win or lose. Those guys will rally around him on offense and make some incredible plays for him and he will do the unimaginable and hang his cap on this year after winning the big one.

Time to be elite in everything we do. Go DAWGS!

• WtkWtk Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

you are right. The average tenn fan believes Alabama is just lucky when they win. And evidently others feel the same way.

• HatrockHatrock Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

I agree this team has the "it" factor similar to '17. Going into games, we know we are going to win and the other team knows it also.

I think it has a lot to do with the older players and identifiable leaders we have in all three phases.

This game will be lit.

• Dawg14Dawg14 Posts: 197 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sorry guys but a couple bad calls then yeah don't blame the refs but when we are able to take one game and make a YouTube video out of the many bad calls then it's a problem and blaming the refs is warranted.

Drawing a false start, getting a holding penalty, drawing pass interference etc is Making a Play. It means you did something that forced the other team to foul you to avoid getting shut down. When the refs stop calling it then how do you make a play? 2018 game was bad. The refs were awful and Bama's comeback doesn't happen if they call the holds.

Fortunately this year's team is so good the refs screwing us won't matter. In fact, we may be the beneficiary of bad calls.

• donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

agree. When "bad luck" strikes, how you react is crucial. I think this year's team will be able to stay on task.

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

Agreed 100%! The real difference in this team and 2017 is, as you said, that we have the focused talent to create havoc on defense from all three levels and the confident expectation that our offensive scheming, O line and talent in all positions, skill and otherwise, will prevail! The tenor from our players is that they BELIEVE in themselves and this team!

Love the statement: “ and the other team knows it too!”

l like our chances!

Go Dawgs!

• Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Agree 100%. But the did refs f—k us good in 2017. It was clear to everyone in the country.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

If we cover a long pass completion in overtime it doesn't matter.

I agree. I want us to win like 34-10 or 42-13 just so I can hear people talk about how Alabama isn't that good and we still haven't played anyone.

• volatilisvolatilis Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh I've just embraced it now. I hope if we win it all I can get a shirt that says something along the lines of "University of Georgia 2021 College Football Champions: They didn't play nobody."

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

People are talking.

Should have heard Chizek on “Off Campus with Mark Packer” tonight.

Was all over the Dawgs’ defense being “generational “ and our offense not having to be any more than it has been to win it all.

And just a few weeks ago he said Tennessee would be our big test.

Now he is pushing the story that Bama doesn’t have a chance!

THIS time , I agree with him!

I SO like our chances!

Go Dawgs!