Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Live Gameday Blog: Georgia football trying to change narrative, take SEC title from Alabama

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The so called reporters covering the team should ask one question over and over until there is an answer. “Coach Smart- why would you ever expect a walk-on QB to be better than a five star who never lost a game at UGA?”

• Options
    CapeCawdDogCapeCawdDog Posts: 18 ✭✭ Sophomore

I repeat: Kirby is not elite. I feel for the young men he has entrusted the program to; not their responsibility.

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

That’s just it. Kirby never learns. He panics and that causes his team to panic. His decision to stay with Bennett all season will haunt him and this program for years to come. If for some reason they back into the playoffs, the only thing he can do to create confidence is to play JT. You need to be willing to swing for a knockout at the start.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well we will have to see what the playoff committee thinks. If they get their chance, Georgia has some work to do to reach their goal.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I Hear you !! Tonight hurt. It hurt Really, Really bad. There’s a pretty good possibility I might not even be here next year . TON of medical issues. But you are Right as rain. Way to early to give up on THIS season. I know All Dawgs fans wanted This game So bad. I assure y’all So did me and my family & friends that are Dawgs fans. But what’s done is done. SO all we can Hope for is that Kirby will get our Dawgs back to Athens, watch film of the game and try to come up with solutions. P.S. Us attacking Each Other doesn’t help a thing.

• Options
    ponceinletdawgfanponceinletdawgfan Posts: 11 ✭ Freshman

Also, Stet threw what could’ve/should’ve been a pick six right at the start of the game…

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Who says UGA is in the playoffs? That was a humiliating total beat down...I do not see UGA in the playoffs now, especially with Bennett...and a weak UGA secondary. Get rid of Bennett! Sorry folks.....if he is our best...UGA will never be elite or ever win another major game. Kirby is not elite. He is immature. Saban out coached him ....again. I am sick of this. I had this sinking feeling all afternoon that Bama would win...they did. Saban knows how to win ...he is a better complete coach. He knew UGA secondary is vulnerable. He exploited UGA as well as I have ever seen him...hats off to a definitely superior team today and coach.

PS: Bennett...retire after this season..please. You beat a bunch of non-elite teams. Okay. Thanks. UGA needs to move on from Bennett.

Yes, I am ticked off!!!!

• Options

True. But Young threw one to and it he was fortunate enough it didn’t happen. He also fumbled the ball but managed to get it back. This was a Team loss for our Dawgs. Yes Stets gave Bama a free TD. But the other 34 points belong to our D. So the summary is Kirby and staff have Allot to fix !!

• Options

Yep. ALLOT of work to do and on Both sides of the ball. But like ShoottheHooch reminded us our Dawgs got stomped by Auburn in regular season But came back and stomped Them in the SECCG. Tonight hurts the heart of any real Dawgs fan. But there’s still plenty of room for Hope.

• Options
    RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

Very, very, very disappointed with the program tonight. In particular Kirby Smart for the QB situation. Daniels should have been playing when he was healthy enough to do so. We knew this game was coming. As bad as the defense played tonight they played well enough to give the offense a chance to come back in the 2nd half. Being 14 points down with the better part of a half to play is not Mt. Everest.

The problem with the comeback was did not play a QB that was capable of scoring with a deep pass. He was sitting on the bench by coach's choice. Every play Alabama was capable of throwing for a TD. Put Young in a Georgia uniform and Bennett and an Alabama uniform and tell me Bennett shreds our defense.

IF we make it to the playoff we will not win another game as long as Bennett is the QB. He's a nice story but nice stories don't win championships the way 5* elite QB's like Young do. The myth of the defense has been shattered and we must have an offense that can score 30+ points against playoff teams. Sorry, but the season ended tonight.

• Options

Yes Stets was a significant part of tonight’s loss. But our Defense was More of the problem. Auburn lost to this same Bama team in four OTs in a low scoring game. Auburn didn’t have to have 30+ points to take Bama to those four OTs. Stets was very much responsible for the pick 6. But our D was responsible for the other 34 points. So the reality is it was a Team loss.