Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football winners and losers as Bulldogs enter College Football Playoff mode

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football winners and losers as Bulldogs enter College Football Playoff mode

Georgia football now enters the College Football Playoff with a game against Michigan.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

Is JT the answer? In his last 2 starts where he played the entire games (Clemson and Cincinnati) we scored a total of 2 TDs….against weaker opponents than Bama. In fact, our offense only scored 3 points against Clemson and JT had 135 yards passing. Please quit thinking he will come into games and blow away opponents. Go Dawgs and I agree with Connor that this was a “team” loss, not a “Bennett” loss.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So let me get this straight, if we beat Bama in the playoffs with Bennett at QB then Bennett gets 100% credit for the win and no one else. Not the receivers, not the defense, not the running backs, not anyone. Seems like Bama has passed for almost 1000 yards in their past 2 games against the Dawgs. Certainly this was Bennett’s fault. Were the passing records broken by the Bama QB this past Saturday all due to Bennett? OK, you convinced me with your brilliant logic that we lost the game due to Bennett and Bennett ALONE

• KudzuKudzu Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Great article... and spot-on, IMHO. And how in the heck did I miss that Nakobe got the Butkus Award!!!??? Really deserving for not just a great player, but a great person, too 😁👍

• flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looked pretty good the last game he started. Can't say the same for Stetson. Yes the defense took too long to adjust, didn't attempt pressure till mid 3rd quarter, but throwing picks and incompletions doesn't help the defense. Should have been 2 more picks that were dropped. There is a reason he is a 2 star walk on.

• flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

QGs always get the credit. Who are they crediting with beating us? 31 points is not insurmountable but 14 points won't beat Bama.

• GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kirby should have players from the 2017 team come talk to the players on their experience in playing in the playoffs, how they prepared, and why the came up short on being National Champions.

• jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You do whatever it takes, legally, to win. JT was an option, and Smart didn't use him. Smart has stranded two five star qb's while playing lesser talent. It's great that smart can get walk-on's to play at a high level, but that isn't his job. It was all fun until he lost to Bama, again, by the same score, with the same production, from the same qb. Mullen was fired because of his unwillingness to recruit. We already know what Kirby is unwilling to do. Can he ever learn? I see all these comments supporting the walk-on and the coach. But, what has changed - same score, same outcome.

As a side note - maybe you should try another blitzing approach. They've seen the one's you have used. Well prepared for that.

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

How JT was (not) used in the second half of the season was disturbing then, and even more so now that he might be especially needed. No matter whether you thought he should have started any of those games, he still should have been deployed in meaningful ways in those lopsided wins to keep him as sharp as possible (yes, as Saban is known to do). In other words, whatever physical skills and gametime IQ he had are surely rusty after riding the pine so long. One can only hope we get Michigan, and then Bama, on one of their lesser days, and our QB won't need to be spectacular to pull off two upsets. Go Dawgs!

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Brock Bowers was the only one that didn’t lose this game, but Bennett is clearly not the qb we need to win the next game or two. He did fine against what evidently was very mediocre competition, but against elite teams, he stumbles every time. Most people forget the 2 or more 3 and outs we had in the 2nd quarter when he missed open receivers while the other team was scoring at will.

• PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Negativity is to be expected as all of us are disappointed with the SEC Championship game results. I am staying positive as almost never in life do you get a second chance to win it all. Alabama should beat Cincy handily as we should be Michigan as well. The championship game will demonstrate what we learned and if our coaches can adjust to what Alabama did in the SEC Championship game. I love the Dawgs and am confident we can make adjustments to win it all. Plus now Alabama will be overconfident when we play them for it all.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is JT the answer? CKS thought he was before he got hurt. No one on this blog didn't think SB couldn't run the table against every team we played this year, with the exception of BAMA. Several on here myself included questioned or even doubted we could beat BAMA with him at QB. Now I won't put all the blame on SB. But as it stands today, the doubters and naysayers were right. SB is 0-2 against BAMA. That pick 6 sealed any comeback chance.

Some seem to think he won't go 0-3 against BAMA, given another chance if we get to face them again(a big if, with the way Michigan is playing). Is that where you stand?

Naturally. if the defense pitches a shut out or a shut down of sorts, keeps the score under 30 , maybe there's an outside chance, but are you so sure JT wouldn't give us a better chance? Has he ever lost a game for UGA? DIdn't he bring us back from defeat with a final drive against CINCY? DIdn't he not lose the biggest game of the year, til the BAMA game? Wasn't he the GATORAIDE HS player of the year his JR year of HS? Didn't he start at USC when most kids were still playing their Sr year of HS?

By my calculation, SB has lost the 3 biggest games he's played in, FLA and BAMA last year and Bama this year. Will KS give him the opportunity to lose another big game against Michigan? Probably so.

SB, isn't a horrible QB, I happen to think he's pretty good. I just don't believe pretty good is good enough to beat BAMA or Michigan for that matter.

• chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 154 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kirby is too stubborn to change, He is probably hoping Stetson comes next year. I do not believe Monken supports Kirby' s QB decision, but he's the boss.

• TIMLAW10TIMLAW10 Posts: 46 ✭✭ Sophomore

"As we said above, Bennett wasn’t the reason Georgia lost the game. The Bulldogs though needed him to match what Young was doing and he could not." seems self-contradictory

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

PD, a positive attitude is a good thing. I might not be as full of sunshine as you are, but I'm (cautiously) optimistic Georgia will show up much better in any remaining games we have. But I sure hope your insinuation that Michigan is but a speed bump on the way to a showdown with Bama doesn't seep into the locker room, as that'll spell a back-to-back humiliating defeat and early playoff exodus. Go Dawgs!

• ponceinletdawgfanponceinletdawgfan Posts: 11 ✭ Freshman

Kirby’s stubbornness has and will continue to cost games unless he can find it within himself to change and there is no sign of that happening so far. His handling of the QB situation since JT became healthy is inexplicable.