Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

SEC legend Tim Tebow: Georgia needs ‘elite quarterback play to get over the hump’

Comments

• chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 159 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kirby you are blowing it, and fans need to let you know it.

• Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

Why are our receivers so terrible the last couple of years??? Great recruiting terrible coaching

• flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 599 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nah we would have won. COnvert the red zone opportunities and take away the pick 6 we probably win by 1 point.

• flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 599 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I saw recivers open not sure what Murray was seeing. Cook was open when we needed 3, Burton open several times, Pickens open and makes a tough catch that shouldn't have been. Stetson can't hit anyone in stride. Lets say we score instead both times instead of the 2 picks . Have to take 7 from Bama for the pick 6. We win 38 to 34.

• dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

"QB isn't the key to anybody's National Championship" - this is how you show that you don't understand what you're talking about. Please, before offer another comment, take a quick look at every national champion team in this modern era. 100% have a dynamic, game-changing QB.

On a separate point, am a bit tired of Bowers catching blame for the TD in the endzone. It is wholly clear that Brock didn't give up on his route, he was settling down to "sit" in a hole in the coverage. Further, every time Bennett turns to the sideline with his hands out as if to say, "What happened? Why can't the receivers run the right routes?," it is always, always, always from his bad read or inaccurate throw. I cannot believe that the team is behind him when his first reaction is to blame someone else for his mistakes. Leaders always take the blame for the bad (especially when its actually theirs) and always give credit to others for the good. Bennett, not so much.

• HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Murray watched the coaches’ tape, as well as the game. I don’t know what credentials you have, but, unless you are a former top rated college QB or an SEC head coach, I am going to have to give Murray’s assessment (which is consistent with my own after watching the game three times) more weight than your own. 😉

• HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bowers definitely gave up on his route…and Bennett threw where he expected Bowers to be had he not inexplicably stopped running. I watched that play at least 10 times…

• MaxMax Posts: 116 ✭✭✭ Junior

Painful, but I agree with everything Tebow said. But, I know Kirby Dumb will run #13 out to start the Orange Bowl and play him the whole game regardless of score or how many bad plays Stetson makes. Would Saban not have tried his 5* that is sitting on the bench. We know the answer as he brought 2 different QBs off bench to beat UGA twice in championship games. And in the Natty, Kirby had the same excuse he did for this years embarrassment- "we blew a coverage"! So, you've had years to fix that, why does it still get us beat?!!

As Tebow said, horrible QB play (not just the lack of production or interceptions) by Stetson but his body language and visible frustration with his receivers is very bad leadership by the QB. Stetson isn't anywhere near elite and not even a good game manager. We need to at least try the possible superstar on the bench (JT). It can't be any worse. As it is now, we'll lose the Orange Bowl. Strange as it is the CFP, but this feeling is very similar to our Cotton Bowl game against Texas. Due to Kirby & Stetson, most Dawg fans know we don't have a chance. I just hope the players don't feel that way, but how could they not? They see what's going on first hand and believe me, they know Kirby isn't giving them the best chance to win.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

I love the way folks bash Hemingway when he’s totally correct. Some of you guys just can’t handle the truth and want to blame everything on Bennett. Over and over I’m hearing we would have won with a Heisman type QB like JT so put this in your pipe and smoke it:

Bennett scored 24 points (lost by 17), 61% completions, threw 3 TDs, 2 INTs and 340 yards and had 30 first downs

Justin Fields scored 24 points in the (2021)NC game against Bama (lost by 28 points), 51% completions, threw 1TD, 0 INTs, 194 yards and 19 first downs

Trevor Lawrence scored 25 points in the (2020) NC game vs LSU (lost by 16 points), 48% completions, 234 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs, 23 first downs and 9% of his 3rd down conversions (1 for 11)

Tua scored 16 points in the (2019) NC game vs Clemson (lost by 28 points), 63% completions, 295 yards, 2TDs and 2 INTs, 23 first downs and converted only 3 out of 13 third downs

YEP, REALLY LOOKS LIKE HEISMAN QUALITY QBs WOULD PERFORM BETTER!!! P.S. That’s 3 TDs for Bennett in 1 game and a grand total of 3 TDs for Fields, Tua and Lawrence combined in 3 games, but certainly they aren’t quality QBs like some of you are yapping about…..good grief guys, don’t let the truth and facts get in your way!!!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ispoke on here about SB 's demeanor on Monday. He gets flustered and it shows. Young you can't tell if he's ahead or behind.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

Holy cow. Completely agree with Tebow. This is the first article really breaking down the MULTIPLE reasons why Stet just isn't the guy to win the Natty for us. I mean Stet was SO confused at the coverage Saturday, throwing interceptions, throwing to a guy like Bowers multiple times when he wasn't even open, not able to be on the same page with his receivers, and simply unable to throw the deep ball to our top receivers.

It's not like Stet just walked on the field. The guy has been the starting QB for weeks now. He was just out of his comfort zone and WAY beyond his abilities Saturday.

Folks, we can't depend on our Defense playing lights out to try and cover up our deficiencies and limitations at QB. And I honestly think that's what Kirby's game plan appears to be. As Saban has said multiple times, in today's game you can't just have a Championship level defense...

Amen Tim Tebow.

edited December 2021

In my post below I failed to mention how incredibly frustrated Trevor Lawrence, Tua and Justin Fields were in their respective games. I clearly remember them doing the EXACT same gestures Bennett was doing, but those 3 Heisman candidates and winners looked more battered by the 4th quarter than Bennett.

edited December 2021

So Tebow says we need “elite” play by our QB? Hmmmm, I wonder how he explains this…..maybe the definition of “elite” changes according to the point you are trying to make….so here’s a fun comparison to demonstrate how QBs can have similar stats and different outcomes based on how the rest of the team performs….including the defense:

Tebow vs Bennett

2009 Championship game: Florida scored 24 points against Oklahoma (sound familiar?) and won by 10 points. Tebow hit 60% of his passes for 231 yards, 2 TDs and 2 INTs and 24 first downs

2021 SEC Championship game: Georgia scored 24 points, and lost by 17 points. Bennett hit 60% of his passes for 340 yards, 3 TDs, 2 INTs and 30 first downs

• dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 397 ✭✭✭ Junior

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”

Albert Einstein

Quit trying to prop-up Bennett. It's results that matter. He's had his chances. Time to give the ball to JTD.