Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

National media weighs in on Jermaine Burton transfer from Georgia to Alabama: ‘Interesting’

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageNational media weighs in on Jermaine Burton transfer from Georgia to Alabama: ‘Interesting’

Georgia football wide receiver Jermaine Burton transferred from Georgia to Alabama on Sunday night.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Saban is salivating..........!

• cbp1947cbp1947 Posts: 51 ✭✭✭ Junior

We’ll see if he can stay healthy. My bet is no.

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting…..

now on to JT

• dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 181 ✭✭✭ Junior

Be careful about the bridges you burn.

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

(Don’t) Let the door hit you on the way out.

• DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'd take that bet but nice try finding something to dis the kid.

• DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Meaning, what exactly? Have you seen the portal lately? But you want to threaten a kid for no reason? That's on you, not him.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Saban is more no nonsense , short fuse than Kirby. Burton better be ready to step it up a couple notches. UGA needs to be ready to pounce on 1 of the 2 AL wr's that hit the portal this week. AL cherry picking guys at will. The grass isn't always greener.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

More power to him. But although I believe Burton is a good receiver, he is not in the same class as Williams, Mechie, Devontae Smith, etc. Simply going to play for Bama and with Bryce Young won't automatically put him in that class. Will his game get elevated? I suspect that it will. Will he be a first-round draft choice? I doubt it. Go Dawgs!

• JTM22JTM22 Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

JB went from 5th rounder to 1/2 round. He will get 1k yards no doubt.

• MickeyRichMickeyRich Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2022

It seems like most of Dawgnation is upset about Jermaine's transfer to Bama. 

I hate to see him leave, but playing with Bryce in the Bama offense that showcases its WRs seems like a better situation than at UGA for Jermaine. 

If Kirby wanted to retain Jermaine, he should have done a better job of convincing him why it would be better to remain at UGA. For instance;

-make the case on how UGA's offense will be better for him than Bama's offense

-make the case on how Stetson will be better than Bryce at targeting him

-make the case on how Jermaine's TD receptions will be equal to Bama's top receivers

-make the case to Jermaine on how he would receive just as many targets at UGA as he would have with Bama

It appears that Kirby could not present an attractive case for UGA's pass offense that could convince Jermaine to remain at UGA.

Kirby is going to have to fix this somehow. 

Go Dawgs!

• MickeyRichMickeyRich Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2022

Agree with you 100%.

Next season, we will ask ourselves why he couldn't have had WR numbers like those at UGA?

• edubbedubb Posts: 54 ✭✭✭ Junior

Just watched the 1976 UGA/ Florida game. When they guys played for the love of the game not to play at the next level. Pretty crappy situation today. It will kill the sport.

• JTM22JTM22 Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 181 ✭✭✭ Junior

Meaning, what exactly? Have you seen the portal lately? But you want to threaten a kid for no reason? That's on you, not him.

It's an opened ended comment. Nobody threatening anyone.

Get a life and stop taking yourself so seriously.