Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Crean possibly fired for cause?

Razor2027Razor2027 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited February 2022 in Basketball

TOS is reporting UGA looking to fire Crean "for cause" for failure to report altercation between Assistant Coach and Director of Player personnel.

Comments

• emanresuemanresu Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Im starting to think that Georgia Mens Basketball is irreparably broken. 😐😐😐

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Crean needs to resign and save himself the embarrassment. Then go and enjoy retirement. Or work at some small school.

Why is it that at a University like Georgia just a stones throw from one of the most fertile recruiting hotbeds in the country (Metro Atlanta) and surrounding areas not attract the kind of coaches and players to consistently compete for SEC and even National Championships in Mens Basketball. Puzzling, considering Georgias vast resources.

• Michael_ScarnMichael_Scarn Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The MBB jerseys are starting to take on a pale Tangerine orange color. Dumpster fire.

• bobebobe Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior

Can't wait until Georgia Basketball is good

Back in the 80s when I was a teenager, I NEVER thought I'd live to see the day when Georgia was a COMPLETE joke in Mens Basketball. Now to b clear, I didn't think we'd ever become Duke, North Carolina or UCLA but I thought we'd ALWAYS b competitive in the SEC and b a semi regular in the NCAA tournament. Boy was I wrong.

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I do not know what is wrong with Georgia's basketball team. It has to be more than the coach. Cream was able to win in the Big Ten and they play competitive basketball. It has been bad since long before Cream was on the scene.

I think, I have heard something about Georgia not wanting to get involved in the swamp of AAU basketball. I am not sure if this is correct.

No it’s Crean. If he was better he would’ve shown something by now.

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Harrick found a way. Tubby found a way. Maybe Crean isn’t all he’s cracked up to be. Maybe McGarrity didn’t do enough of a search? Maybe he picked the wrong guy?

• HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Never really paid much attention to Georgia basketball… went to a few games as a student when ‘nique was playing. I guess it would be fine if we had a good team. 😉

• MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Please don't post fan blogs in here. Thank you.

• FloridaSuxFloridaSux Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited February 2022

Is the article posted not correct information or bc it's another site?

• dragonslayerdragonslayer Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Close the thread.

This discussion has been closed.