Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

NATIONAL HOME BREW DAY

donniemdonniem Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited May 2022 in General

This certainly fits in nicely with yesterday's National Beverage Day.

NATIONAL HOMEBREW DAY

The first Saturday in May recognizes National Homebrew Day. Every year the American Homebrewers Association holds the Big Brew to celebrate the practice of homebrewing by bringing homebrewers together to make the same official recipes for side by side competition.

There are different breeds of homebrewers. Those who hold to time-honored traditions and those who push the edge of flavor and experimentation. Both express their personality with barley, hops, and yeast and a little something else.

Homebrewers dabble in a variety of styles. Where you enjoy lagers, ales, ciders, or a mead, there’s a category for you. Discover your favorite homebrew and join the competition!

And, whatever your personal flair – honey, and ginger or hoppy and dark – if you are a homebrewer, this celebration is for you.

HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalHomebrewDay

Enjoy the flavor of a homebrew. Or, brew up your favorite homebrew and celebrate with other homebrewers.

There were at least 16 possible choices for today's National Day. Way too mind boggling for me. I took the easy road on this one.

Comments

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just wow…..Cinco de Mayo, National Beverage day, National HomeBrew day all in a row?…..got to be National aspirin/hangover day tomorrow!

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

I bought a kit during the worst of the pandemic. Sat gathering dust. When the wife and baby were out of town I tried to give it a shot. The jug leaked. Then their customer service I had to buy more junk to help it not leak.

Promptly took it down to the trash. I guess I’m not opening a brewery now

• allywallyw Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Two of my guy friends that were pre med stole some equipment from their Ochem lab and brewed in their closet in the dorm. I made some in ochem once too just for fun. It tasted pretty terrible.