Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia stock report: Stars rise, team bonds amid adversity

2»

Comments

• JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

It's too late in the season to start talking about changing quarterbacks. We're 8-0 with Bennett and Smart and Monken have decided to ride or die with him, so we have no choice but to follow suit. And everyone is excited about Beck based (primarily) on what he did in mop-up duty against Vanderbilt. That was great, but it's NOT the same as being in a pressure-packed game against Tennessee. But I agree with whoever said that Stetson seemed to get a little cocky (I think that's his true personality) coming out for the second half. He's not good enough to be cocky -- or have his stock be even.

And neither should Dom Blaylock. How can his stock be even when he plays one snap, has a ball taken away from him, and then is not heard from the rest of the game? That one makes no sense.

Glad to see Chris Smith get some love. He played a great game Saturday. His run support was outstanding.

And though I've been one of his harshest critics, Ringo actually didn't play that badly against Florida. I mean, I recall that one ball got over his head but he was in position. He just sort of misjudged it a little. But I was there and watched him, and most of the time, he was running right with the receiver, even if the ball didn't come his way.

And finally, it's kind of become "the thing" to trash UF fans for leaving early, and maybe some did do that on Saturday. But in all honesty, they didn't leave in droves as Mike is suggesting. And, when things got tight late in the third quarter, Gator fans were plenty loud. Let's hope that we have reason to stay through the end of the game Saturday and that the victory is ours. Go Dawgs!

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree with most of what you say. Except "it is too late in the season" to change QB's Saban did it to UGA twice. Once in the SECCG and once in the CFBCG. Both AL wins.

So IF SBIV starts slow or has a bad game vs TN CKS should just take the L and hope a 1 loss UGA makes the playoffs? A loss against TN and UGA doesn't make the playoffs. How long do you stick with SBIV if TN gets ahead?