Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Ohio State quarterback C.J. Stroud praises Georgia football program: ‘Helluva team, great team’

13»

Comments

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lots of people giving Stroud props on this website. Maybe they're giving SB props on the Ohio St. Forums, I don't know but somehow I doubt it. My guess is they're(some )are saying really good QB about their own Stroud but can't win the big game. That would be a shame but that's how fans do.

I'm OK with SB not being the most gifted QB. Inspirational works for me or gets the most out of his talent pool or winner or NCG MVP or whatever. I just call him the "little train that could!"

• DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

The term is MOXIE. You can argue/debate whether SBIV or Stroud is the best QB til the cows come home, all I know is what I saw Saturday night.....Bennett put the DAWGS in position to win the game and Stroud should have won the Heisman and played good enough to have won.....thank goodness football is a TEAM sport and on Saturday night the DAWGS were just a hair better than TOS.

What I will state factually is that there is no QB in America with more of that "MOXIE" I previously mentioned. SBIV has infected the entire TEAM and he keeps it at fever pitch for each game. Monday night we will play a TEAM with a QB that has demonstrated the same level of MOXIE as SBIV. It will be a WAR. I'm confident that when you combine MOXIE with talent, the TEAM with the most, wins. 2N22 is on the horizon, GOOO DAWGS, SICEM, WOOF, WOOF, WOOF !

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm sure Caleb Williams is wishing he might have chosen UGA about right now. Interesting how things play out. If he comes to UGA then possibly SB never sees a snap this season as a starter. SB said he had a talk with CKS and after last season and was gauranteed the starting job, but it has been printed on here that Caleb Williams was pursued by UGA and SB was his host!! THat's messed up. I don't think Williams would have transferred to ride the bench. Doesn't sound like as much of a gaurantee as SB might have thought.

Sometimes it's being in the right place , at the right time! Go SB and go Dawgs!!

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And, Zach Evens is having a long conversation with himself...or should be. He could've been playing on either one of the teams in the Natty, this year.

Let that be a cautionary tale to future recruits.

• jackbmattjackbmatt Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

OK, I'll bite.

First, it wasn't me who suggested we "compare sizes". It was you who said anyone not worshipping on the alter of Bennett was making up for their own "deficient careers".

I described Bennett as doing a fantastic job and an inspiration - how that can be twisted into anything negative is mystifying. If, in fact, Bennett has the skills you attribute to him, those are exactly what the NFL covets in a QB and he should have a long and successful career as a pro. And I hope that's exactly what happens.

Finally, the narrative that the "media" doesn't give Bennett enough respect - and by extension the Dawgs as a team - is a common theme in the Dawgnation world. The media just selected him as a Heisman Trophy finalist - how much more respect can he get???

Happy New Year.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

Lol...1st...you misquote me...then you misquote you. Nice job...sure you don't represent the media? Lol.. I'm over it.

If you care to get my point, watch Elle Duncan on the Paul Finebaum Show...We'd, Jan 4th. I'll let ithe media speak for itself. She apologizes for doing exactly what I said the media was doing.