Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

1980 National Championship memorabilia question.

ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

So I have a few memorabilia items from the 1980 National Championship. Commemorative Coke bottles, a mug and a few other small tokens. I just found a set of commemorative cocktail glasses that have been in storage for 38 years. I'm guessing theses were issued through the AJC since there are two front page headlines on either side of the glass (one from the Constitution, the other from the Journal) with the Bulldog logo plus GEORGIA BULLDOGS NATIONAL CHAMPIONS 1980 in between.

Question is do any of you also have these cocktail glasses?

Comments

• DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:
    So I have a few memorabilia items from the 1980 National Championship. Commemorative Coke bottles, a mug and a few other small tokens. I just found a set of commemorative cocktail glasses that have been in storage for 38 years. I'm guessing theses were issued through the AJC since there are two front page headlines on either side of the glass (one from the Constitution, the other from the Journal) with the Bulldog logo plus GEORGIA BULLDOGS NATIONAL CHAMPIONS 1980 in between.

No, but i have the bottle. It says No Refill on it under national champions. I hope that means no liquid refill, or otherwise.....

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

@Dawgsauce said:

@ghostofuga1 said:

No, but i have the bottle. It says No Refill on it under national champions. I hope that means no liquid refill, or otherwise.....

Lol, maybe that's been the problem all these years.....Never noticed that...

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

I remember those bottles....I had several six packs......where they are at today? Probably in a landfill somewhere......

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

I think my dad has a bottle. Still might have the beach towel too. Believe you me I will find it if he has it

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Those bottles didn’t suddenly become worth anything did they?

Is so funny how these corporations will come up with any nonsense to sell us stuff, and we’ll believe them. LOL @ collector’s items. Wouldn’t surprise me to find out if they made a million of those **** coke bottles,

And yes, I’m pretty sure I do have some in my basement. I know I’ve seen them down there in the last couple of years.

No. The Coke bottles don't have any significant value except to those who have them. Mass production and lot out there. I'm just trying to find out about other items that I've not come across yet.

For reference;

• jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:
    For reference;

Before my time, but I still want that so badly! I’m jealous!

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jarred_buck Out of curiousity. If you had those tumblers, what would you do with them?

I guess I don’t get the whole collectibles bit.

But to you guys who enjoy it, more power to you.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

@levander said:
    @jarred_buck Out of curiousity. If you had those tumblers, what would you do with them?

For me I get it. Love it. Wonder six months later what I do with it going forward

@Kasey said:

@levander said:

For me I get it. Love it. Wonder six months later what I do with it going forward

Same here. But I do have a small stash for whenever I get around to doing a Dawg "man cave" and game watching room.

With this same thought in mind, I have a set of 4 of these glasses still in the original box (opened but never used) and one loose one. More than likely going to keep the one and put the 4 box on eBay. Don't need all and would prefer to sell the set as a whole.

• jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:

Set them up in the man cave! I’ve got a room where That I am trying to load up with UGA memorabilia. Slowly making it awesome!

So I listed the set of four in the original box on eBay. Starting bid at $20 which I think is pretty fair for something like this.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/292462212949?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

• Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have a coffee cup like those.