Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Buying or selling? Georgia QB situation among top SEC Media Days takeaways

2»

Comments

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think this is our best team ever. EVER. If we lose I will be upset with the coaches mostly but we have too much talent to not win every game .... easily....

even the other suppossed great teams should not be able to keep up. Really no reason to not win em all going away.

Now in '24 we lose too many linemen and the schedule is so difficult that I expect us to lose 2 games in the regular season. Should we lose less than that I would be pleasantly surprised.

I expect 25 and 26 to be our best teams ever over this years team. By then the guys coming in next year plus this years Freshman will be in their 2-4th years of development. So the linemen will be big AND strong AND know their blocking assignments, etc. With the playoff we just need to not lose more than 2 games a year and we have a shot.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2023

I can agree with '25. Riaola and that 5-star WR that's following him (supposed to commit soon), will be Sophmores...and the defense will be The Steelers. Lol

What a minute...Lol...let me clear this up....this year WILL be "UGA's Best team ever".

In 2024-25...your gonna witness "the best CFB Team" to ever take the field.

There...did I clear it up?

BTW...the learning curve for an offensive lineman is nothing...a few games, maybe. So, the o-line doesn't concern me...especially with the talent we have stocked...and the ones comin' in.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I still think 24 is a rebuilding year. A lot of young guys, probably a new qb again (I expect Beck to go pro). Lots of freshman linemen who aren't quite ready and strong enough.

25 will be a new qb year again but all the pieces around him will be 2nd or 3rd year guys.

26 should be our greatest team with an experienced qb.

So I expect between this year and the next 3 we win 2 of the 4 years. That's my prediction but things change and we probably have half our coaching staff turnover by 26 so a lot of unknowns.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2023

Sounds pretty good to me. You worried? I'm already looking ahead at playoff venues. Lolol

BTW...with the defense Smart is putting together...and, that's really where most of my attention goes...who do you see, scoring 10 points or more on em in '24 &' 25?

This year...I expect a lot of subbing... In the secondary and o-line, in particular. A lot of the guys that are gonna play on the o-line in '24 &'25 will get significant playing time, THIS year. You'll have a good idea of just how good the '24 o-line will be, by the SECCG.

The good news is,, I don't expect a drop-off in pass blocking at all. In fact, it may even be improved, if that's possible. Did you get a load of the "Trench Monsters" they've been bringing in? That's why...pass blocking. Set up a wall for Stockton, BVG or Raiola.

The way I see it...you aren't gonna beat em...unless you can match up against their very "Deep & Talented" defense. I don't see "anybody" remotely in the Dawgs neighborhood . Everybody's focused on the bright and shiny offense.

IMO...The Dawgs will be able to beat 90% of their opponents in '24-'25, on Defense, Spec Teams, and Running game alone. You throw an effective passing offense in there, and you create enough separation to use most of your "in-season" games as training events...like the G-Day game.

That's a pretty sweet position to be in, for any team. I think Smart and Company have proven they are more than capable of handling the egos associated with some of these talented "prima donna's" coming out of high school. Not to mention their ability to stack talent like a Major League Baseball team.

Everybody knows...you need pitching to win in the postseason. And...you can't win the postseason in any football venue without defense, special teams, a running game...and a little luck (for most teams).

The Dawgs are good enough to outplay "bad luck", "bad commentary, and "bad officiating"...which is necessary, if you're gonna flip the National picture. The rest of CFB is starting to get it..."Resistance is futile". Lol