Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Blindside movie was a fraud

YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited August 2023 in General

The Tuohys coerced Michael Oher into a conservatorship under the false pretense that it was the same as adoption. They’ve used this to make millions while keeping him from the money. Just unbelievably heinous people

Comments

• Options

I don't think it would be coming out if it wasn't true. Oher has always come across as a genuine guy even after they portrayed him so poorly in that film. Seems like his side has been looking into this for a while as well

• Options
    ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,285 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

**** Sandra Bullock…

• Options
    wpony714wpony714 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Majority of "real life" movies are fraud or have a lot of phony, made-up elements. Hollywood does what they do.

This one is disappointing in it's own way. If he really got no money from the movie, that is spectacularly gross and shame on the Tuohys. Definitely won't watch it again.

• Options

I meant in the since that it was literally fraudulent, but it’s also a fake movie in that respect as well.

• Options
    dragonslayerdragonslayer Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The story has the ring of truth, and if so, they are despicable. I fail to see how Sandra Bullock bears responsibility, though.

• Options
    RSDawgRSDawg Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sounds like he's run out of money and is looking to make some back to me.

• Options

No one puts an 18 year old kid into a conservatorship unless they plan on exploiting them. Especially if that kid is a coveted football prospect with NFL potential

• Options
  • Options
    RSDawgRSDawg Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2023

The Tuohy's haven't responded yet, there's nothing of theirs to take at face value. I'm just remaining skeptical at this time and not taking a "well, I don't think it would have come out if it wasn't true" approach, which by the way is some of the clownfraudulent logic I have ever heard.

• Options

Lmao you didn’t even the read article and are calling other people clowns.

The Tuohys have responded just not specifically to ESPN.

Also Oher’s attorneys have access to all the relevant legal documents concerning the conservatorship and movie deal.

You really think he’s filing in court and going public with nothing to back it up? So confident in that snap judgement you didn’t even bother to read the article? 🤡

• Options

This is weapons grade copium.

1. deflecting to politics because you can’t defend your incredibly weak position
    2. manipulating what I wrote to make your indefensible position seem stronger because again you can’t actually support your feelings with anything
    3. Taking the absolutely ludicrous position his attorneys are filing to have a non-existent conservatorship removed.
    4. not even doing the basic due diligence to find out that the Tuohy’s son has confirmed in an interview that they do indeed make royalties off the film.

just admit you let your emotions get the better of you and didn’t bother to read anything before commenting

• Options
    edited August 2023

You keep adding “well” to the beginning to make it seem as if I don’t have anything to back it up and then removing the context about Oher being known as a really good dude and the fact this is all coming out in a court filing based on research into the contracts Oher was made to sign by the Tuohys. You’re straight up lying about not manipulating what I said.

You result to tribalism because you have absolutely nothing else you can use to try and convince others.

It’s not a strawman. You are saying you don’t believe his lawyers. They are filing to have his conservatorship lifted and recoup money they made off Oher. You’re gonna need to square that circle.

yeah no crap Sherlock that’s the entire problem of the case you are refusing to read about but voice loud and wrong opinions on. Oher isn’t getting paid royalties, Sean Tuohy says they haven’t made money off the film, and then his son claims they have. Oher is literally trying to get the money he’s owed for HIS story. This is actually incredibly embarrassing that you’ve said this much without actually reading on it.

edit: the last comment is truly bizarre. I haven’t thought about the blindside or the Tuohys in a long time. I thought the film wasn’t great and that it was really weird they would let Oher be portrayed that way but I assumed they were good people that got steamrolled by some Hollywood executives into changing the story for some Oscar bait. Didn’t know they were this despicable until today

• Options
    edited August 2023

Make the case then. Explain how his lawyers can be lying about legal documents in their court filing. You think they’d make false allegations about documents when the court and defense has access to the documents? Come on that’s insane. You clearly didn’t read what was going on and picked the Tuohys side because you like them more than Oher for some reason.