Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

*TIGER* ????

Comments

• Options
    georgiaboygeorgiaboy Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:

@dbrown7494 said:
    For some of the older members of DawgNation forum. Tiger did rip apart people who did disagree with him on anything. He did not allow for other opinions on this forum. He also rarely had anything original. It was just repost of other sites. Also he didn’t like the fact he was called chicken little. The original chicken little was tiger.

Wow, that controversy was a long time ago. Tiger must have really tore you a new one for you to still be smarting over that...

When Tiger got tired of that controversy himself and made a thread about it, one of the site’s main journalists made a public post trying to talk tiger out of leaving.

Tiger was a well respected poster.

Everything @dbrown7494 said was the absolute truth. Whether you like it or not.

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man talk about kicking a tiger when he's down. There's a lot of people on here that seem to be enjoying this.

Remember this:

First they came for the Snoops and I said nothing.
    Then they came for the Tigers and I said nothing.
    Then they came for me and no one said nothing.

@TheSmartWay said something I have been thinking lately, this forum has become boring. @tiger_62082 went out of his way to bring stuff to this forum that I dont think I would have otherwise saw. For that I thank him.

Lastly I wonder if this has anything to do with that crybaby who was whinning at one time about quoting sources.

• Options
    ugadawgs07ugadawgs07 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BamaDawg said:
    Man talk about kicking a tiger when he's down. There's a lot of people on here that seem to be enjoying this.

Remember this:

First they came for the Snoops and I said nothing.
    Then they came for the Tigers and I said nothing.
    Then they came for me and no one said nothing.

@TheSmartWay said something I have been thinking lately, this forum has become boring. @tiger_62082 went out of his way to bring stuff to this forum that I dont think I would have otherwise saw. For that I thank him.

Lastly I wonder if this has anything to do with that crybaby who was whinning at one time about quoting sources.

@ugadawgs07 said:

@Tdub0199 said:
    @tiger_62082 & @SnoopDawg are missed!!!

And @12ed

It’s a little boring because football season is over.

It will be back to business before long.

• Options
    dawfanfromalabamdawfanfromalabam Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:
    Well, before I jump on the "being banned" wagon, there are other possibilities including technical issues.

With that said, I've been on sites where great posters would suddenly abscond from the site. Many believed it was a a ban from the site, others speculated that the info from the poster was "better" than what the board "insiders" were giving, thus a cyber ****.

I posted for many years on Dawgpost, and way back when, Scout was having a bad issue with virus attacks. I battled one from Dawgpost that I resolved, and hit one the UT Scout site. I brought it to the attention of my fellow Dawgposters at the time and got a permanent ban from Dean because I cautioned site users of the risk. Apparently, a lot of panties were in a **** during this threat......

So I hope no one on this site is too trigger happy to ban good posters!

Yeah, Dean could be a real piece of work. Main reason I left that board. Couldn’t stomach his pompous attitude anymore, after modding his board for 10 years.

Dawgnation, please don’t turn into Dawgpost. Be better than them.

• Options
    BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was on Dawgpost in 2015/16 and it has been in a free fall the past two years. Dean has never seemed like a guy you would enjoy having a beer with.

Instead of sending me to the Dog House, my wife now threatens me with an hour on Dawgpost!

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@georgiaboy said:

@levander said:

@georgiaboy said:

@levander said:
    Board admins owe us an explanation.

Without one, we can safely assume they could care less what we think.

This isn’t the old board where BA used to champion defending people saying what they want whether you agree with them or not. Things have changed.

Seriously? Do you pay for access to this site? The admins don’t owe you jack.

You should probably go ahead and start practicing your mooing now. Get it good and ready by the time we need to get you to market.

What the hell does that even mean?

Okay, so you’re not the brightest bulb in the box. Fair enough.

You should be able to figure it out from this link: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cattle_drives_in_the_United_States

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@georgiaboy said:

@levander said:

@dbrown7494 said:
    For some of the older members of DawgNation forum. Tiger did rip apart people who did disagree with him on anything. He did not allow for other opinions on this forum. He also rarely had anything original. It was just repost of other sites. Also he didn’t like the fact he was called chicken little. The original chicken little was tiger.

Wow, that controversy was a long time ago. Tiger must have really tore you a new one for you to still be smarting over that...

When Tiger got tired of that controversy himself and made a thread about it, one of the site’s main journalists made a public post trying to talk tiger out of leaving.

Tiger was a well respected poster.

Everything @dbrown7494 said was the absolute truth. Whether you like it or not.

I’ll try to spell it out for you. I wasn’t challenging the truthiness of what dbrown said. Everyone’s going to have their interpretation of events that happened awhile back. And I figured trying to get dbrown to see things another way would take too much time, especially for message board discussion. So what I did instead of challenge the truthiness was just to add context.

No one said what dbrown said was untrue.

Understand?

• Options
    georgiaboygeorgiaboy Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:

@georgiaboy said:

@levander said:

@georgiaboy said:

@levander said:
    Board admins owe us an explanation.

Without one, we can safely assume they could care less what we think.

This isn’t the old board where BA used to champion defending people saying what they want whether you agree with them or not. Things have changed.

Seriously? Do you pay for access to this site? The admins don’t owe you jack.

You should probably go ahead and start practicing your mooing now. Get it good and ready by the time we need to get you to market.

What the hell does that even mean?

Okay, so you’re not the brightest bulb in the box. Fair enough.

You should be able to figure it out from this link: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cattle_drives_in_the_United_States

Must not be because I still don’t get your point.

• Options
    dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Free @tiger_62082. This is b.s.
    Answers please @JeffSentell

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2018

I’m confused as to why people think Jeff has to answer. I agree he brought good content, but I am sure there is more to it....

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 and I had some serious differences early on but that got resolved and I did value his input. However, I don't know why he is banned, if he broke the rules which seems a reasonable assumption then the Mods have every right to ban him to protect the community from a legal aspect. I have no idea why but I believe that given he was held in high regard by both other posters and more importantly by the journalists this was not a step that they took lightly.
    With regard to the "down cycle" on interesting posts I would say that in 2 months that will change. We still have to hear the 4 roster players that will have to leave to accommodate the 26 signees and that will spark a debate on the number of recruits we can sign in 2019. That and the G-Day game will renew the interest. Hang in there for a few more weeks of the "dead period" and all will be well.

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You guys shoukd start a "Free Tiger" facebook page. The inflated importance of anonymous forum participants is amusing. Why would anyone think explanations would be in order? You wouldnt be deserving of one even if you were an actual customer in the monetary sense. Try to imagine what a response from the staff would actually produce. People would fiercely debate the response and unleash 10x the questions. It wiuld go on for weeks. If the effort to reverse the ban were successful then every time someone got banned fhere would be a campaign to reinstate them using russian social media bots.

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A few have mentioned that no explanation is required for this "thing-a-mabob", and they would be correct. However, any enterprise is only as successful asthe participants, paying or otherwise.

If for no other reason, an explanation should be given just so no one else makes the same mistake. If not then its like being in Russia where they come and haul you off and no one knows why.

• Options
    BullyDawgBullyDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2018

@BamaDawg said:
    A few have mentioned that no explanation is required for this "thing-a-mabob", and they would be correct. However, any enterprise is only as successful asthe participants, paying or otherwise.

If for no other reason, an explanation should be given just so no one else makes the same mistake. If not then its like being in Russia where they come and haul you off and no one knows why.

(Family Guy Russian Voice): "In Soviet Russia, website deletes YOU!"

• Options
    ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think it’s time to call time of death on this thread.

Just like one player doesn’t make a team; one poster doesn’t make a forum.

Tiger was very active, insightful and provided great content. He is gone.

Time to move on.

• Options
    BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod

I only view the site from my Mac Pro and not from a mobile device. I know that the viewing can be different between the two, but every time I visit a forum, right at the top of the page in a big red block, is printed;

"×Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

• Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)
    • Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans
    • Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum "

Looks like a few of us, including me, have stepped over the boundary once or twice .... ;)

• Options
    moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For those of you who really want an answer to this,I recommend reaching out to the mod group directly through PM or whatever. My experience is that you're more likely to get an answer that way.