Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Greg McGarity

bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Once the Head basketball coach is determined, McGarity will have replaced all 3 coaches at major sports for UGA.

While I think we would all believe Smart was a HUGE get, I don’t think that was him making the call on that, rather major donors and those close to Smart.

PETROS KYPRIANOU was a homerun hire for track and just brought home a National championship for women track and third place for men in indoor track.

However, he was on staff prior to McGarity.

This selection will be very important since we are in a talent rich state and have underperformed HORRIBLY for 9 years.

Comments

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:
    Once the Head basketball coach is determined, McGarity will have replaced all 3 coaches at major sports for UGA.

While I think we would all believe Smart was a HUGE get, I don’t think that was him making the call on that, rather major donors and those close to Smart.

PETROS KYPRIANOU was a homerun hire for track and just brought home a National championship for women track and third place for men in indoor track.

However, he was on staff prior to McGarity.

This selection will be very important since we are in a talent rich state and have underperformed HORRIBLY for 9 years.

But, McG was the one who elevated him to HC, right? My guess is that the former HC was the one who initially hired him.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If anyone can goober this hire up, it McGarity. I have absolutely no faith what so ever in him.

• OldSaltyDawgFanOldSaltyDawgFan Posts: 220 ✭✭✭ Junior

Dont know what it is but something seems off about him. My **** Creep alarm goes off every time I see him or hear him speak. Probably unfair on my part but something..........................

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@OldSaltyDawgFan said:
    Dont know what it is but something seems off about him. My **** Creep alarm goes off every time I see him or hear him speak. Probably unfair on my part but something..........................

It’s understandable my friend.

• PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m not sure that McGarity is still on UF’s payroll. For him to have worked so closely with Foley while they were at UF together, you’d think he would’ve had more success with the athletic dept than he has. HIS hires have ****. I know he pissed me and a ton of season ticket holders off the way they dumped the ticket hike on us at the eleven & three quarter hour before donations were due. He’s a sneaky dirty rat and it will take an enormous uprise in our athletic programs overall before I get on his bandwagon. He better hit a grand slam on this basketball hire or his @$$ needs to be gone.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@OldSaltyDawgFan said:

Yep, it's probably unfair.
    I'm not sold on him as a AD yet, but come on.

• law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well he hired Kirby, and Petros. Petros just won a NC, and Kirby is not doing to bad his self...McGarity isn't doing to shaby.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2018

@law_dawg35 said:
    Well he hired Kirby, and Petros. Petros just won a NC, and Kirby is not doing to bad his self...McGarity isn't doing to shaby.

That's 2 out of 10 total hires he's made. And Kirby wasn't necessarily his doing, all other board members and big boosters clearly wanted him, especially before he might've taken a HC job elsewhere.

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BojanglesInsider said:

@law_dawg35 said:

McGarity wanted Mullen but was overruled. Believe me. Search your feelings, you know it's true

Maybe true, but my source (who stayed at the same Knoxville hotel as the Dawgs just one week after last years game and his friend's cousin worked traffic when the Dawg's buses were on I-75 in Floyd county) tells me McG wanted Mullen for decathlon/ long jump coach.
    McG wanted Ron Zook for football.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So nobody else thinks the OP crossed a line from honest opinion to salacious slander ?

• RedDawgRedDawg Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:
    So nobody else thinks the OP crossed a line from honest opinion to salacious slander ?

Nah, he makes a point. Hires can be difficult, many facets involved in a hire. Where I get upset is when we schedule too many cupcakes in a single season. McG needs to work on his wheelin and dealin and get us some more games like UNC and ND, or Clemson like a few years ago. One cupcake a season should be the max. It shouldnt be that hard to book a home and home. Shoot, just look at all the other power 5 schedules out there and find where they are also booking 2 cupcakes and say hey lets play eachother instead of this BS.

• RedDawgRedDawg Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Heck, it would cost less to fly the whole squad to hawaii than to pay a cupcake team to play us at home