Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Rick Pitino

2»

Comments

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I very much doubt ''most fans'' want Pigtino at UGA.> @Perfectdawg said:

Thad Matta is the best coach out there right now, for hire. Having said that UGA has invited the evil in before. Remember Jim Harrick folks....lol. I do not think Pitino is an option even though the media has put that out there. I would just hope Matta would keep Jonas if he comes on board.

The only negatives I see on Motta is his last 6 years with OSU saw the record get worse each season, not by much, but consistently. The other possible issue is his health, which might be the reason he saw diminishing returns in Columbus.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2018

@levander said:
    If Pitino came, did notably better with the basketball team than the last guy, and kept things largely on the up and up as far as ethics go, I’d be fine with it.

The problem is there’s no guarantee that’ll happen. And it’s too important of an organization to risk even if it were just for financial reasons.

Pitino needs to go to a position where there’s not as much risk and put in a minimum of 7 years of good behavior. Then after he’s gone public with the mistakes he’s made and how he’s determined to correct them, we can talk about him being UGA BB HC.

Pigtino has been a slimy, fake POS his entire career. Add in the fact he's already old and your plan is fatally flawed.

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:
    If Pitino came, did notably better with the basketball team than the last guy, and kept things largely on the up and up as far as ethics go, I’d be fine with it.

The problem is there’s no guarantee that’ll happen. And it’s too important of an organization to risk even if it were just for financial reasons.

Pitino needs to go to a position where there’s not as much risk and put in a minimum of 7 years of good behavior. Then after he’s gone public with the mistakes he’s made and how he’s determined to correct them, we can talk about him being UGA BB HC.

Pigtino has been a slimy, fake POS his entire career. Add in the fact he's already old and your plan is fatally flawed.

Well, I guess I didn’t openly say it. But nobody expects Pitino to be able to pull off 7 years of good behavior, I guess you could read what I said the way you seemed to have read it.

But that’s just how I handle people I don’t want to work with. I tell them a bunch of things I want them to do that are entirely reasonable. But we all know they won’t do them.

Maybe if you had said 3 years, he could hold his breath long enough to pull it off.