Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Baseball... eating crow

bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, I am man enough to own up to it.

I never thought Stricklin would be able to have these results. Top 25 team.
Things are looking up and rising tide raises all ships.
Watch as Creen uses the football results and his energy to bring in better recruits too.

Comments

• jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:

Watch as Creen uses the football results and his energy to bring in better recruits too.

A lot of us felt this way! If this lasts and if basketball takes a big step forward, then this is gonna be a lot of fun!

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jarred_buck said:

@bmauldin said:

A lot of us felt this way! If this lasts and if basketball takes a big step forward, then this is gonna be a lot of fun!

Kind of odd how things took off after getting swept by...who was it, COC?

• Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

To much talent in the state for us to have a mediocre baseball or basketball programs. Glad to see it changing, hope it keeps on improving.

• jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@jarred_buck said:

@bmauldin said:

Kind of odd how things took off after getting swept by...who was it, COC?

For sure! Though, like many have said, they are a baseball school and are usually pretty good.

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm Yeah COC has a legit baseball program and this stretch that UGA is having is making them look better for sure. The dawgs just need to stay healthy and be consistent. They're about to get into the meat of the schedule and this is when the wheat is separated from the chaff.

• CoachRob16CoachRob16 Posts: 428 ✭✭✭ Junior

Certainly playing better but the toughest part of the schedule still remains. But do like the direction that they are going with the way they finished 2017 in conference play and now picking back up the same way in conference.

• jb6423jb6423 Posts: 31 ✭✭ Sophomore

I’m right there with you, but I am glad to admit that I was wrong so far

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Playing good ball so far but the meat of the schedule is still to come. Would like nothing more than to see the b-ball team do well this year. If that happens I’ll be in line for some crow pie.

• TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm still salty about the baseball team because I tried out and they didn't take me. Boo Stricklin!