Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

2024 Braves

Comments

• Options
    donniemdonniem Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This team has some depth. Not bad for a "back-up" catcher I'd say. Plus some awfully good games from the "bottom" of the pitching staff as well.

• Options
    BumBum Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

According to his teammates…it’s a little d….but a big stick

• Options
    philipsmith99philipsmith99 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Does anyone understand MLB's out of market blackout system. I have YouTube tv that does not carry MLB network, no problem,I have MLB network and Apple tv thru my T-Mobile phone. Last week braves were broadcast on TBS, a road game blacked out. Friday night Braves on appletv home, not blacked out. Tonight on ESPN, not blacked out.

Hummm?

• Options
    MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 22

Yeah, I had the same problem with my Dish TV service. Blacked out home games on TBS and MLB channel, but broadcasting the game on ESPN.

Thanks to Bally Sports owning the broadcast rights and presumably, ESPN paying a fee to Bally or does ESPN own the rights to broadcast Sunday night games via contract with Major League Baseball?

Is this the MLB channel and TBS telling Bally to go shovel it?

Edit: At second glance, it makes sense that teams would blackout home games, especially if the games are not sold out. In the past, teams would broadcast home games in the local market, if the game was sold out. As I recall it.

But to Phillip Smith's point, blacking out 'away games" makes no sense. What revenue are the Braves losing by TBS or MLB broadcasting the game? I guess it's Bally exercising their exclusive broadcasting rights.

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bally is so close to being "used to be," its not even funny. They focused all their programming to shock jock stuff and have no market share. They lose money on all their sports show.

• Options
    edited April 23

Good win against the Marlins 3-0. But it's the Marlins. They've only won 6 games. But they could be worse. The Rockies have just 5 wins and the pitiful White Sox have just 3 wins. Looking like disaster for Chicago's South Siders.

• Options

I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out how Acuna scored the winning run in the bottom of the 10th after making the last out in the bottom of the ninth? Is there some obscure rule about extras that allows a leadoff hitter to bat again after making the last out in regulation?

And apparently Acuna was at second base when Harris II hit the walk off double. How did Acuna get to second base? Hit a double? No, he was 0 for 3. Walk and a steal? No, he had 1 stolen base in the first inning. Walk and an error? No, the Marlins didn't commit any errors. I dont get it.

Had the game been televised, I could have figured this out, but coverage by the MLB channel was blacked out. Again.

• Options
    senorlorenzosenorlorenzo Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You’re a little behind the times. Starting either last year or the year before, extra innings begin with a runner at second, which is the player making the last out from the previous ending.

• Options

Thanks for the explanation. I am behind the times.

I guess that helps support one of baseball's objectives: to shorten the games.

• Options
    RomeDawg288RomeDawg288 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options

I've seen people begging all over the world for many reasons

These MLB umpires are begging for an electronic strike zone as hard as any begging I've ever seen.

• Options

From what I've seen, the umpires almost always get the calls right. Sometimes the low and outside balls graze the strike zone and they still call it a strike. If it's the home team, the fans and teammates might express disapproval, but the umpires still got it right.

The majority of missed calls imo are balls high in the strike zone that are strikes, but are called balls. Especially high and Inside. But very seldom are calls missed.

• Options

It's 2024,, put in the electronic strike zone, let the umps call the game and give each team 5 challenges

• Options
  • Options
    edited April 29

No apology necessary. I appreciate your response. Everyone's response.