Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

UGA versus Clemson

Comments

• TurkDawgTurkDawg Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lovett is really good running the slot fade route to the end zone; recall his TD against Tech last year. I bet we’ll see one of those for a TD this Saturday.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 15,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 27

I believe that UGA LB CJ Allen is yet another one individual that is cut from the same kind of cloth as both the former UGA LB Roquan Smith, and former UGA LB Nakobe Dean were too!!! These three young men all seem to me that even if their own mothers took the football field, they would all viciously tackle even their own mothers!!! The defensive line is where most all of my own deep concern's lie… as goes their consistent, and constant pressure on each and every single play??, so goes the fortunes (or failures) of the rest of the UGA defense as a whole unit. Speeding up the opposing QB decisions with tons of really good pressure, or forcing the opposing RBs to run into the lanes that are all occupied by all of the UGA LBs - that is THE KEY TO THE MOST CRITICAL part of their collective play as a defense!!! GET THE PLAYER WITH THE BALL ON THE GROUND RIGHT NOW!!! Therefore, that’s the key potential “bugaboo” that Georgia faces while all 11 are out there playing on the defense. I hope, and pray that this potential “weak link” of Georgia’s defensive line play will just overachieve, and keep the rest of Georgia’s defensive players, in a good position to succeed on each, and every single play. The quicker that each play gets a LOT of pressure by the UGA DL players, the better for the rest of the Georgia defense players (LBs, DBs) will all perform. Georgia’s defense spent chasing the opposition for seemingly endless amounts of precious seconds, spent chasing around the football field running after the opposing WRs, RBs, and TEs is never ever a good thing. So? My BIGGEST want is for the remaining “healthy” UGA defensive linemen will keep both the pass pressure, and that the running defense is constantly causing the Clemson offense to hurry up, (playing way faster than they all want to) and therefore Clemson will screw up due to the pressure!!! As for UGA’s own offensive receiving leaders? I would expect that for either WR Dillon Bell, or WR Dominick Lovett to just pick right up where they left off in 2023. Although TE Oscar Delp is a really really good TE, he’s just that, and not any more than that. Anything that is coming anywhere close to being like the former UGA TE Brock Bowers is probably just too much for anyone to expect, and I am sure that he (Delp) will do his absolute best for Georgia too.

GO DAWGS!!!

PS - I want for Georgia to simply BEAT Clemson’s @$$e$ EXTRA BAD!!! I hope that Georgia exceeds the glorious beat down that I first saw way back in 1970, when the DAWGS beat up Clemson 38-0.

GO DAWGS!!!

edited August 27

My inner “Larry Munson” won’t allow me to relax over Georgia’s extra thin grouping of healthy defensive linemen.. not only for this opening game versus a STOUT opposing offensive line, but for the entire season too! Georgia MUST HAVE really really good pressure upfront all season long. More DL need to “get well”, than for any more of them to become additions to the injury list.
    GO DAWGS!!!

PS - I believe that this one single position group (DL) performance, will have the MOST IMPACT (either positive, or negative) for the whole entire football team for this 2024 year.

Kirby Smart has said this many times: “the very best kind of ability is availability”

GO DAWGS!!!

@Bum the biggest defensive difference is the upfront defensive line making EVERYBODY (on the back end) look really, really GOOD by shortening up the action in any play, reducing the action from say something like from 6, 7 or even 8 seconds (or longer?) down to just 2, 3, or maybe 4 seconds with "beating your man" at the line of scrimmage ← Georgia's defensive linemen manage to do EXACTLY that??? Then the UGA Defensive statistics improve for everyone all across the board in all areas. That is my one big concern. It is a HUGE factor in how the entire defense performs this season. Those differences in time reduction?, change a play from the opposition getting a first down, to instead Georgia getting a TFL (tackle for loss), or a minimal rushing (or passing) gain. The difference becomes the opposition having a 3 to 5 play drive(s) that are unsuccessful in opposing offenses scoring little, or no points, and changing to instead them getting a long 12 to 15 play drive(s) that result in opposing offenses scoring regularly against Georgia. I am not in the mood to see Georgia in a whole lot of shoot-out type games like the one we all saw against Ohio State back on New Year's Eve of 2023. That is what I am most afraid of happening with not enough "healthy horses" along UGA's DL.

GO DAWGS!!!!

• amacdad101amacdad101 Posts: 218 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Dawgs will be ready to play....not expecting a complete blowout..but...I believe a strong statement of controlled dominance on both sides of the ball…at the end of the day, Clemson will start out 0-1. Dawgs rule…

• BarkingDawgBarkingDawg Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How will Kirby treat the freshman DL like Ogboko Johnson and Thomas? Are they ready or Will he have to throw them in earlier than he would normally for depth?

edited August 27

I hope that I am simply just being an old-school UGA DAWGS FAN worry wart, (which we all know that the word "FAN" is short for "FANATIC") and I am just "over-thinking" all of this defensive line depth and injuries thing, because I am one of the oh there are just so very many older UGA fans (who all are of a certain age) that all can most vividly remember Larry Munson, and I am simply just having a case of my very own form of "MUNSONING" to the MAX!!!!!

GO DAWGS!!!

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 18,287 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, Kirby doesn't do blowouts unless the other team is just that bad and it just happens….like TCU and FSU. There was no intent to run up the score, it just happened. If Clemson puts up a fight it will be within 14 points. I think we will all know it's over well before the end of the game, but it will be kept fairly close. One of those 'it really wasn't that close…" kind of games.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,277 mod

ETN will not play. Administration decision Kirby has no say so. End of story on this one…..

• donniemdonniem Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Has it been announced? If not, WTH is the administration waiting for.