Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Contenders or Pretenders

Comments

• swilkerson7317swilkerson7317 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 30

The slow starts pre date this season for sure.

• dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I’m convinced that Bobo has to go. The first half schemes are worthless and Beck is underdeveloped. All on Bobo.

• crazygto715crazygto715 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

i thought the "slow start" was purely execution. guys were open and didnt make easy plays that they shouldve.

when is ellis robinson going to be ready to play? someone needs to be a legit corner out there who can cover these elite receivers.

• donniemdonniem Posts: 6,559 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I often hear about the QB's eyes? I wonder how can one see the QB's eyes on TV? And, I really wonder, what do "scared eyes" look like?

• Michael_ScarnMichael_Scarn Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Herbstreit talked about it. I think it's more than just the eyes. I think body language and panicky actions are more of a tell.

• DawgwiredDawgwired Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree with 2-5. The dc should’ve made adjustments way quicker. Bobo called a great first half we just failed at execution.

• Michael_ScarnMichael_Scarn Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Where's the pre-snap motion that helps to open space when multiple guys are moving at once and causing confusion in the D? We are doing very little movement and when we're not motioning someone we are set in position for upwards of 5 seconds before the ball is set. This allows the D to not only read the play, but react much quicker. At times on Saturday it look like Womack had Bobo's playbook in his hands and we were playing against 12 defenders.

• DawgwiredDawgwired Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 30

Beck routinely locked in on primary receiver missed others that were wide opened and literally wa throwing it to the other team. He was lucky to have only 3 ints. He struggled reading the D even Herbstreit was calling.it. Honestly he looked like a deer in headlights at the coin toss. Everyone I was watching with noticed it. OC looks bad when qb makes bad decisions. And he made a bunch. OC put it in the hands of his star and we were down 28-0. We couldn’t even punch back because of way too many mistakes. It wasn’t hard to miss it was right in front of you especially if you rewatched it.