Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

"The Future" (Bunchie Young 11Year Old Phenom RB)

Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Comments

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I heard he's a silent commit to the Vowels.

• ZeebodawgZeebodawg Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore

We need him in the fold early so he can be the pied piper ala Lecounte for the '25 class

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A lot can happen in 7 years.

• corai3corai3 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A lot of kids can mature early and be dominant at their age level but then they don't mature or they get involved in the wrong thing. I say we hold off on offering anyone not yet in high school.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@corai3 said:
    A lot of kids can mature early and be dominant at their age level but then they don't mature or they get involved in the wrong thing. I say we hold off on offering anyone not yet in high school.

Did you mean that if they mature early, others then catch up to them at the higher level?

@donm said:

@corai3 said:

Did you mean that if they mature early, others then catch up to them at the higher level?

Yeah. They catch and pass them usually because the phenom is used to being dominant with little to no effort.

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Way too early for that kid to be picking up weights. Stunting his growth, wait till at least 14. 1000 push ups a day? Seems a bit much imo.

• Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@corai3 said:

@donm said:

@corai3 said:

Yeah. They catch and pass them usually because the phenom is used to being dominant with little to no effort.

Seen it happen many times. Some kids just mature early, but the others usually catch up in high school.

• Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@corai3 said:

Yeah, I wasn't saying offer the kid right now, just keep an eye on him...... Ya'll take Sh!t too seriously sometimes....

@Tdub0199 said:

@corai3 said:

Yeah, I wasn't saying offer the kid right now, just keep an eye on him...... Ya'll take Sh!t too seriously sometimes....

I was saying not to offer anyone who hasn't played a year of high school football as a general rule; not just in this case.

• Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@corai3 said:

@Tdub0199 said:

@corai3 said:

I was saying not to offer anyone who hasn't played a year of high school football as a general rule; not just in this case.

Gotcha

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@corai3 said:

@Tdub0199 said:

@corai3 said:

And camp

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Reading about this kid made me wonder what had happened to Demetrius Robertson’s little brother,Michael Robertson, who we offered to when he was an eight-grader. He’s a rising junior at Savannah Christian Prep and is rated as a 3 star recruit for 2020. According to 247sports, he’s rated #315 nationally, #66 at WR, and #32 in Georgia. Hasn’t turned out bad, but not the phenom he appeared to be when younger, of course he was offered while we were recruiting his brother (that didn’t turn out so good). Wonder what our level of interest is in him n now.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@corai3 said:

I would be a multi-millionaire if 11-12 year old "weight class" Pop Warner football meant anything.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,645 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I used to coach two kids just like that in Pop Warner. One was a RB who I called "Heisman" because he had the nastiest stiff arm in the league. The kid was unstoppable. He just looked different than the other kids. Big, fast and mean as hell. He went on to a decent HS career, but stopped growing around 9th grade. The other guy was a nut-job LB who just demolished kids. He wasn't the biggest kid, but in 7th grade he was the toughest and scared offensive players to death. He stopped playing football in HS to become s skate-rat. We won a lot of games with those two kids.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If those tats are real he has trash parents.
    Also, I want to see him in pass pro before we buy his family a house.