Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Folty

corai3corai3 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Without going back in the threads I saw Folty having a better year for the Braves, but not this good. I even compared him to a younger Scherzer. He’s becoming a great frontline starter. Here’s to having all these young pitchers mature.

Comments

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@corai3 said:
    Without going back in the threads I saw Folty having a better year for the Braves, but not this good. I even compared him to a younger Scherzer. He’s becoming a great frontline starter. Here’s to having all these young pitchers mature.

Kudos for your earlier comparison to Scherzer based on advanced stats.
    I'm more of a get some results, then we'll talk about such comparisons guy.
    He is having an outstanding season so far, but I'm still not ready to speculate too much about his future.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@corai3 said:

He is having an outstanding season so far, but I'm still not ready to speculate too much about his future.

I wish he could lower the ave. # of pitches he takes to get out of an inning. He needs to deeper into games.

• ColaDawg86ColaDawg86 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@WCDawg said:

@corai3 said:

I wish he could lower the ave. # of pitches he takes to get out of an inning. He needs to deeper into games.

Folty did throw a complete game shutout.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

IT IS really fun seeing these "young" braves playing so well!

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2018

@donm said:

@WCDawg said:

@corai3 said:

Management has been a bit too cautious with our starters in my opinion. I get the need to protect young arms, but the pen needs protection too, a balance has to be struck in the long run.

We're seeing hitting finding it's level already. Albies is not a power hitter and several others who started fast are fading. We've been a .500 team the past month, I suspect that is what this roster is over 162 games. I'm bullish long term, while only Freeman and Markakis complete hitters, there is a good core which only needs a couple of good additions to be a real contender.

• MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That nine-inning CG against the Nats was impressive. And speaking of Scherzer, I was happy we didn't have to face him in the last series. Yet he still beats us with a timely hit. Amazing pitcher with an unhittable change-up. Reminds me of a guy named Maddux.