Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Who decides if a comment needs approval before it's posted ?

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm getting that on the discussion about Coach Scott now.
If this is like Rivals where somebody from UGA calls and instructs management not to allow certain posts, I'll go somewhere else.

Comments

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

But who will set us straight about elite CB height?

• Jinx55Jinx55 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’ve run into that too not sure what the reason is. Especially since it’s not a 6’2 and above convo on CBs

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2018

@Kasey said:
    But who will set us straight about elite CB height?

You can just wait till it's clear I was right and pretend it was your idea.

• jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg I’ve had that before too. I don’t think it is anything to worry about tbh.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just try again. Perhaps refresh your screen if on a PC. I don't it is a real thing - likely a glitch.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Any pictures/memes I try to post (other than a thread I create) makes me "wait for approval."

I think mine has to do with us making so much fun of the Vandy game and "blowing the Admiral..."

I posted a lot of Capt Crunch memes...

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sometime if you’re replying to a long thread of back and forth I think it’s because of too many characters, and gives you “needs admin approval” jargon. Not that it actually goes anywhere.

It will give you that if you go in for too many edits. Seems 3 or more is dangerous.

• SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,535 mod

@WCDawg said:
    If this is like Rivals where somebody from UGA calls and instructs management not to allow certain posts, I'll go somewhere else.

I don't think it's an admin thing...it's more like a systematic thing. Not sure why but I've seen that happen too.

• jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SavageDawg17 said:

@WCDawg said:

I don't think it's an admin thing...it's more like a systematic thing. Not sure why but I've seen that happen too.

Straight from the horse’s mouth!

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:
    Sometime if you’re replying to a long thread of back and forth I think it’s because of too many characters, and gives you “needs admin approval” jargon. Not that it actually goes anywhere.

Yeah, it’s when you post a really long post (that is often caused by extensive quotes of back and forth posts), and then you try to go back and edit it.

I’ve gotten around it by deleting a bunch of the earlier quotes in the post. But that’s a real pain to do on an iPad.

It’s definitely a bug in the software. It doesn’t go anywhere for approval. It just disappears.

Just don’t edit anything that’s really long or you’ll lose your post.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@FirePlugDawg said:
    It will give you that if you go in for too many edits. Seems 3 or more is dangerous.

When I try to edit a post a second time the post usually vanishes into the digital abyss.

The other time I've seen this - at times - is if I do a quote and want to add a link. Once I tried and tried (not too bright). When I simply added the comment on its own (not as a quote), the same went just fine. It is likely a glitch. Def should not wait for anyone to 'approve' it.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2018

@WCDawg said:

@FirePlugDawg said:

When I try to edit a post a second time the post usually vanishes into the digital abyss.

Make a short post and try to edit it a few times. For me that’s always worked fine.

Then make a long post and try to edit it. That always disappears for me.

Edit #1
    Edit two
    Edit 3
    Edit 4
    Edit #5
    Edit SIX

See, this post is short enough it can be edited without losing it. This is edit number 7.

It’s when a post gets too long that you have enough trouble editing it on this board’s software.