Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

How do you block a user’s posts?

SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks

Comments

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You could try not reading them.

• MotorCityDawgMotorCityDawg Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I do it mentally. After looking for it now I see there's an ignore button in profiles. It's next to the message button in profiles. Looks like it isn't a perfect block feature.

Here's a quick link for blocking the most annoying poster I've seen on this board
    https://forum.dawgnation.com/user/ignore/toggle/2158/wcdawg

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod
    edited June 2018

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    Thanks

Click on user name you want to block

Upper right hand corner open message and select ignore and confirm.....should do the trick

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks...resolved.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    Thanks...resolved.

So, who did you put on ignore?

@VALDOSTADAWG said:

@levander said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    Thanks...resolved.

So, who did you put on ignore?

I think we all know the answer to that one lol

I welcome the honor.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2018

@MotorCityDawg said:
    I do it mentally. After looking for it now I see there's an ignore button in profiles. It's next to the message button in profiles. Looks like it isn't a perfect block feature.

Here's a quick link for blocking the most annoying poster I've seen on this board

"If" you block him this ^^^ way, does it also block his original posts, too? Blocking using @dawgnms ' way, blocks comments but not OP. Just curious.

@FirePlugDawg said:

@MotorCityDawg said:

"If" you block him this ^^^ way, does it also block his original posts, too? Blocking using @dawgnms ' way, blocks comments but not OP. Just curious.

It's reallyjust a link to the same thing dawgms described so no.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

If it does not block earlier posts the admin would have to tweak it. If I understand what y all are saying is that it blocks posts from now on and not previous posts...

My guess it that WC’s new goal will have to be to try to get people to quote him in their replies. That way all these people putting him on ignore, they’ll still see what he says!

@dawgnms said:
    If it does not block earlier posts the admin would have to tweak it. If I understand what y all are saying is that it blocks posts from now on and not previous posts...

I think when they say “original posts” they mean when he starts a thread. OP is a common acronym you’ll see that means original post or original poster. It refers to the post that started the thread or the user that started the thread.

@levander said:
    My guess it that WC’s new goal will have to be to try to get people to quote him in their replies. That way all these people putting him on ignore, they’ll still see what he says!

That is ridiculous and plain silly.

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

And you probably realize that I’m one of the posters who is willing quote you, which is no doubt why you responded to me.

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

And you probably realize that I’m one of the posters who is willing quote you, which is no doubt why you responded to me.

I responded to a post that read as silly and paranoid.
    You think I actually care enough to form some silly strategy ?

I read, I respond, it ain't rocket surgery.

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

I realize this is a lot like asking Trump why he is worth so much money. But if that is all you are doing, why are you so hated here?

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

I realize this is a lot like asking Trump why he is worth so much money. But if that is all you are doing, why are you so hated here?

Ask the haters.
    I suspect it's because I don't hesitate to post contrary views and I'm very good at doing so.

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2018

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

Ask the haters.
    I suspect it's because I don't hesitate to post contrary views and I'm very good at doing so.

"Nope. Guess again."
    -Mark Knopfler, Dover, DE, ca. 1987

''flag'', sounds like ****.

Do they close threads here? OPs problem is resolved so this might be a good time...