Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

How do you block a user’s posts?

Comments

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, I knew that was gonna be like asking Trump about his money...

• Options
    ugaforeverugaforever Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited June 2018

Trump's got loot. Most of you don't. That's the truth.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MotorCityDawg said:
    Do they close threads here? OPs problem is resolved so this might be a good time...

Guess again.

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bump for the new folks, after the lastest firestorm on here there may be a certain poster or two you would like to see less of.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

I really should add more names to my list

• Options
    CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BojanglesInsider said:

@dawgnms said:

@BojanglesInsider said:
    How do I block my own posts?

Just ignore yourself like all the women do

@BigDawgEatin talk to me sweetheart <3

Water W e n c h loves you.

• Options
    mqg96mqg96 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Click on the user's profile, click on the human icon next to the message icon, and press "ignore".

I've never had to do it on this site. I want to hear people's different opinions so I can have an open mind. I hate being too close minded but sometimes I can be.

The only way I would "ignore" someone is if he is a blatantly obvious troll who is disrespectful and cruel to me or anyone else on here.

I have yet to encounter anyone like that on this site. I've only been on here since August of last year. I was on the Dawgpost forum before this one and that forum was much worse IMO with more close minded and stubborn people and you had mods who would ban you instantly if your opinion was different than theirs.

I love the dawgnation forum, the users on here, and the rules & privileges are much better. Even the users I hate the most are better than my favorite guys on the other site I was on.

• Options
    Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BojanglesInsider said:

Now that's funny! :D

• Options
    mqg96mqg96 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@BojanglesInsider said:

@mqg96 said:
    Click on the user's profile, click on the human icon next to the message icon, and press "ignore".

All it shows is "Edit Profile"

It only does that for me when I press my own profile, and after all we can only edit our own profiles. When I press everyone else's profile and click on the human icon it shows "ignore".

• Options
    edited October 2018

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:
    My guess it that WC’s new goal will have to be to try to get people to quote him in their replies. That way all these people putting him on ignore, they’ll still see what he says!

That is ridiculous and plain silly.

And you probably realize that I’m one of the posters who is willing quote you, which is no doubt why you responded to me.

I responded to a post that read as silly and paranoid.
    You think I actually care enough to form some silly strategy ?

I read, I respond, it ain't rocket surgery.

I realize this is a lot like asking Trump why he is worth so much money. But if that is all you are doing, why are you so hated here?

Ask the haters.
    I suspect it's because I don't hesitate to post contrary views and I'm very good at doing so.

"Nope. Guess again."
    -Mark Knopfler, Dover, DE, ca. 1987

''Your mother sews socks that smell''. SNL circa 1975.

• Options
    RandomFanRandomFan Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MotorCityDawg said:

Here's a quick link for blocking the most annoying poster I've seen on this board
    https://forum.dawgnation.com/user/ignore/toggle/2158/wcdawg

Thank you so much.

• Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,173 mod

Only works one way for the ignored, quoting the ignored allows the ignoree to see said ignored's post........

• Options
    AxeAxe Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

I miss Leslie Barber. Biggest dawg fan of all time!

• Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,173 mod

@BojanglesInsider said:

@mqg96 said:

@BojanglesInsider said:

@mqg96 said:

All it shows is "Edit Profile"

It only does that for me when I press my own profile, and after all we can only edit our own profiles. When I press everyone else's profile and click on the human icon it shows "ignore".

I'm trying to block my own posts. Someone help me out here ffs.

Sentell, Chip, Griffith, Savagedawg this is defcon 1

Deleting your account should do the trick

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BojanglesInsider said:

Apt time for introspection?

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@FirePlugDawg said:

@BojanglesInsider said:

almost as good as : You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might just find, you get what you need.

@Jagger

• Options

@FirePlugDawg said:

@BojanglesInsider said:

Those hills look like boobies.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@FirePlugDawg said:

@BojanglesInsider said:

Those hills look like boobies.

It's not called "mother earth" for nada.