Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Dawgnation roll call

Comments

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Born in Old Piedmont Hospital and raised in Brookhaven / Buckhead. Now split the year up in Apalachicola Florida, where I'm pretty much unplugged.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

@jarred_buck said:

@Kasey said:

@jarred_buck said:
    Great thread! I’m just now getting to all of these. Love it!!

I’ve moved around a lot. I’ve got to mention all of the important ones! I grew up in Vidalia and Swainsboro, then moved to Dahlonega. After a stop in C u m m i n g, I’ve found my permanent home in Winder.

My granddad pastored a church in Swainsboro and my best friend lives in Winder now, as well as my aunt. I’m sure you know them, only 13 people total in Winder ;)

Lol no doubt! I bet I know the pastor too!!

Maybe! He was at blundale Baptist somewhere around the late 80s/early 90s

• jc30116jc30116 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Tdub0199 said:

@jc30116 said:

@BobcatGrad said:
    I was born and raised in the Evil Empire North of the Mason Dixon Line, Columbus, Ohio.

I escaped Columbus and graduated from Ohio University in 1986. I drank enough beer in Athens, Ohio to flush out the Scarlet and Gray Kool-Aid my parents forced me to drink in my formative years.

Now I know what that crap is my neighbors are drinking

@Tdub0199 said:

@jc30116 said:

@Tdub0199 said:

@jc30116 said:
    Carrollton originally. Toledo OH now.

I'm still right here in C'Town!!!!

Attend Central High?

Yes, graduated in 91'

Oh. Was the year I was supposed to graduate. Got way behind on my math credits my freshman- junior years though(thanks Ms. Eason..great on the eyes not so great teaching trig lol) and finally finished up in 92 at another school.

Lol, I'm sure we know each other!!! I remember Ms. Eason.... Ms. Copeland was Hotttt!!!

I'm sure we did. Ms. Baker wasn't too bad herself.
    Funny how I never run into anyone from school when I come back home to visit. Been 10 yrs at least since I have seen anyone from that class.

• jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

@jarred_buck said:

@Kasey said:

@jarred_buck said:
    Great thread! I’m just now getting to all of these. Love it!!

I’ve moved around a lot. I’ve got to mention all of the important ones! I grew up in Vidalia and Swainsboro, then moved to Dahlonega. After a stop in C u m m i n g, I’ve found my permanent home in Winder.

My granddad pastored a church in Swainsboro and my best friend lives in Winder now, as well as my aunt. I’m sure you know them, only 13 people total in Winder ;)

Lol no doubt! I bet I know the pastor too!!

Maybe! He was at blundale Baptist somewhere around the late 80s/early 90s

I know where you’re talking about,but we moved to Swainsboro in ‘94 and were still going to church in Vidalia for another couple of years.

I’ve moved around a lot , but I always think of Swainsboro and Vidalia as my home towns. Now I’m getting kinda homesick lol

• theoriginalpitbulltheoriginalpitbull Posts: 112 ✭✭✭ Junior

was originally from West TN and Madeira, Ohio in elementary school days

Augusta, GA and several Georgia towns, many of which in West Georgia

Now in Mirror Lake in Villa Rica

go dawgs!

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@theoriginalpitbull said:

go dawgs!

what school did you go to when in augusta?

• mqg96mqg96 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Raised in Newnan

Same town Alec Ogletree and Tray Matthews came from.

• DawgNutDawgNut Posts: 638 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cincinnati, oH. currently. Dalton, GA. before military. Hate living amongst these suckeye fans

• VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mqg96 said:
    Raised in Newnan

Same town Alec Ogletree and Tray Matthews came from.

And Alan Jackson if I’m not mistaken.

• Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

go dawgs!

although I'm from Carrollton, I now live in Villa Rica... Go DAWGS!!!

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2018

@Tdub0199 said:

go dawgs!

@Tdub0199 Villa Rica <--- isn't that like
    # 1 - spitting distance from the Alabama state line?, &
    # 2 - are there a LOT of Gumps? (Bama), or BARNERS (the BARN) out that way??
    PS - GO DAWGS!!!

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@WCDawg said:

@LakeDawg said:
    I have been lurking on this site since day one and enjoy reading everyone's comments and thoughts. Im at the beach this week so I thought would finally sign up for the form as I have nothing else to do. I really got into recruiting and online info from the the Dawgs at the end of Richt tenure, now online info has blown up with Smart. I felt the need to post on this thread because of all the people from my area, Augusta GA. I'm born and raised in Appling GA, was a bulldog at Harlem High! Keep up the good work everyone!

I'm a Cedartown Bulldog. We even have hedges that go back at least to the 1950s and Doc Ayers was our HC when Vince Dooley hired him to be his freshman HC, back when there were freshman teams. I went to school with several Chubbs, including Nick's dad, who now lives less than a mile from my home in Cave Spring.

When I was coaching XC at UWG back in the day, we'd go to the annual 5K in Cave Springs and then spend the rest of the day in the cold (and I do mean cold) spring fed pool. We always looked forward to that day. Do they still have that event?

I don't know about the race to be honest.
    We have quite a few festivals held in Rolator Park where the cave spring and pool are though. We had a large turnout for the summer arts festival a couple of weeks ago.
    I live on the hill above the park, I can see the pool from where I'm sitting.

@christopherules said:

@Tdub0199 said:

go dawgs!

PS - GO DAWGS!!!

Yes and yes.... but we give em' HeII lol

My Boss is a Barner...

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@christopherules said:

@Tdub0199 said:

go dawgs!

PS - GO DAWGS!!!

I lived in Carrolton for 3 years back in the late 80s and early 90s.
    It had more Barners and Dawgs than anything back then.
    It has it's own in West Georgia University as well.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Tdub0199 GOOD!!! Keep it up!!! I'll bet your boss just hated the UGA 28-7 payback in the SECCG in December. GO DAWGS!!!

• nycdawgnycdawg Posts: 883 ✭✭✭ Junior

Born/Raise in Georgia...currently reside in NY

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@donm said:

@WCDawg said:

@LakeDawg said:
    I have been lurking on this site since day one and enjoy reading everyone's comments and thoughts. Im at the beach this week so I thought would finally sign up for the form as I have nothing else to do. I really got into recruiting and online info from the the Dawgs at the end of Richt tenure, now online info has blown up with Smart. I felt the need to post on this thread because of all the people from my area, Augusta GA. I'm born and raised in Appling GA, was a bulldog at Harlem High! Keep up the good work everyone!

I'm a Cedartown Bulldog. We even have hedges that go back at least to the 1950s and Doc Ayers was our HC when Vince Dooley hired him to be his freshman HC, back when there were freshman teams. I went to school with several Chubbs, including Nick's dad, who now lives less than a mile from my home in Cave Spring.

When I was coaching XC at UWG back in the day, we'd go to the annual 5K in Cave Springs and then spend the rest of the day in the cold (and I do mean cold) spring fed pool. We always looked forward to that day. Do they still have that event?

I don't know about the race to be honest.
    We have quite a few festivals held in Rolator Park where the cave spring and pool are though. We had a large turnout for the summer arts festival a couple of weeks ago.
    I live on the hill above the park, I can see the pool from where I'm sitting.

I’m envious!

@christopherules said:
    @Tdub0199 GOOD!!! Keep it up!!! I'll bet your boss just hated the UGA 28-7 payback in the SECCG in December. GO DAWGS!!!

Oh he did, didn't speak to me for a week... didn't hurt my feelings at all!!!

• DawgBKDawgBK Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ Junior

Living in 41-0 country... Nashville, TN! DawgNation, Nashville chapter.

• DawgpenDawgpen Posts: 12 ✭✭ Sophomore

Martinez/Augusta