Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

My demands for DRob

LouLou Posts: 17 ✭✭ Sophomore

Comments

• LouLou Posts: 17 ✭✭ Sophomore
    1. No top 3 lists or ceremonies
    2. Apologize to me and uga fans
    3. Announce commitment to uga then be quiet until 2019 when you're eligible.
  • levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I disagree with the guy. Taking D-Rob sets a bad precedent even if there hadn’t been all the hoopla around his original recruitment.. Last thing we need Georgia kids thinking is, “well I’ll try another school first, and if that don’t work, I’ll call Kirby then!”

And it’s especially the last thing we need Georgia’s five star recruits thinking.

We already got a receiving core who can do the job, do it well, and are working hard. Don’t need this kid.

• TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:
    I disagree with the guy. Taking D-Rob sets a bad precedent even if there hadn’t been all the hoopla around his original recruitment.. Last thing we need Georgia kids thinking is, “well I’ll try another school first, and if that don’t work, I’ll call Kirby then!”

And it’s especially the last thing we need Georgia’s five star recruits thinking.

We already got a receiving core who can do the job, do it well, and are working hard. Don’t need this kid.

All your opinions are wrong, and you’re still sick for saying that you hope video of female athletes showering gets leaked.

• moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:
    1. Catch touchdowns
    2. Don’t be a d bag to teammates or fans
    3. Catch more touchdowns

1.a. and 3.a. Block on running plays

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:

@levander Agree with you sir that he is no longer needed at UGA, and the landscape of Georgia has changed dramatically since his recruitment from two years ago. He (at this point) would add quality at WR depth at a minimum. Perhaps he can add even more?, if it is earned in practice reps. Just like anyone (& everyone) else on THESE Georgia Bulldog Football team(s) in the CKS era? IF he gets offered by CKS for a "return to home", then pending any hardship finding?, he will probably have to sit out a year anyway. The UGA WR Corps as of now (& the 2019 commits too) look (to me anyway?) to be VERY IMPRESSIVE, & he (DRob) would have to earn any playing time out on the field by showing out at practice. We will all see, but CKS knows what he is doing better than I do. I am merely a Georgia fan. If CKS wants to extend an offer to him, and this kid "comes home"? Then, so be it. If he does not? I am certain that nowadays GEORGIA is in really, really good hands with CKS. GO DAWGS!!!

@MidtownDawg said:

@christopherules said:

@levander said:

@levander Agree with you sir that he is no longer needed at UGA, and the landscape of Georgia has changed dramatically since his recruitment from two years ago. He (at this point) would add quality at WR depth at a minimum. Perhaps he can add even more?, if it is earned in practice reps. Just like anyone (& everyone) else on THESE Georgia Bulldog Football team(s) in the CKS era? IF he gets offered by CKS for a "return to home", then pending any hardship finding?, he will probably have to sit out a year anyway. The UGA WR Corps as of now (& the 2019 commits too) look (to me anyway?) to be VERY IMPRESSIVE, & he (DRob) would have to earn any playing time out on the field by showing out at practice. We will all see, but CKS knows what he is doing better than I do. I am merely a Georgia fan. If CKS wants to extend an offer to him, and this kid "comes home"? Then, so be it. If he does not? I am certain that nowadays GEORGIA is in really, really good hands with CKS. GO DAWGS!!!

It is certainly true that UGA has improved depth and quality at the WR position, but to say that DRob wouldn't represent an upgrade in talent is laughable.

Make no mistake, if he comes to Georgia, whenever he is eligible he will immediately be the best WR on our roster and likely the best Georgia WR since AJ Green.

For those who want to blackball him due to his "antics" coming out of high school, I'm just glad that Kirby Smart obviously thinks very differently.

@MidtownDawg Great post sir. My point is only that with Georgia's WR Corps now? IMHO, he is not nearly as a CRITICAL of a NEED as he WAS back in 2016. His talent/size/speed/measurables etc, etc... are all up to the UGA coaches evaluation as they are all HIGHLY paid experts in their field. My other comments were (as my post had stated) that it is completely up to CKS, and not to me (as I stated also) as I KNOW, that I am merely just a huge fan of all things Georgia. GO DAWGS!!!

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:
    1. Catch touchdowns
    3. Catch more touchdowns

@bmauldin said:
    1. Catch touchdowns
    3. Catch more touchdowns

more than who/what ? UGA aint playing in the PAC-10

@levander said:

The reason it won't become a precedent is that Kirby is doing the deciding. If a kid wants to transfer, after spurning UGA, Kirby gets to decide whether or not he's a good "fit" and act accordingly. Kirby gets to say "welcome" or "go kick rocks"

@donm said:

@bmauldin said:
    1. Catch touchdowns
    3. Catch more touchdowns

@bmauldin said:
    1. Catch touchdowns
    3. Catch more touchdowns

@donm Yes sir, I believe that these are all just the well wishes of the most hard corps GEORGIA fans that are all here in our DawgNation forum, & that IF D-Rob finally really commits to the G, then we all want him to have great success, & to simply perform out on the field of play, just like so many others have done in a Georgia uniform before him have. BTW @donm Sir, the PAC-10???, well, it actually became the PAC-12 now seven years ago, back in 2011. Time flies, doesn't it??
    GO DAWGS!!!

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@bmauldin said:
    1. Catch touchdowns
    3. Catch more touchdowns

@bmauldin said:
    1. Catch touchdowns
    3. Catch more touchdowns

I was meaning more as in "addition to" the previously stated touchdowns and not over somebody elses number.

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Holy Bovine, I've got to get back to work. All this Heart Throb for the D-Rob is making my Head Throb.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There are no more free rides at UGA. You either earn it or you dont play. If he one of our best options my only demand is that HE DOES HIS JOB. Everything else is irrelevant.

@christopherules said:

@donm said:

@bmauldin said:
    1. Catch touchdowns
    3. Catch more touchdowns

@bmauldin said:
    1. Catch touchdowns
    3. Catch more touchdowns

@donm Yes sir, I believe that these are all just the well wishes of the most hard corps GEORGIA fans that are all here in our DawgNation forum, & that IF D-Rob finally really commits to the G, then we all want him to have great success, & to simply perform out on the field of play, just like so many others have done in a Georgia uniform before him have. BTW @donm Sir, the PAC-10???, well, it actually became the PAC-12 now seven years ago, back in 2011. Time flies, doesn't it??
    GO DAWGS!!!

Guess I was in a time warp. You are, of course, correct. Thanks.

edited July 2018

@donm GO DAWGS SIR!!! You have a lot of good thoughts, and material that you bring here into the DawgNation forum, please keep them a coming! You are one of the folks in here that I am learning a lot from! GO DAWGS!!!

@BamaDawg said:
    There are no more free rides at UGA. You either earn it or you dont play. If he one of our best options my only demand is that HE DOES HIS JOB. Everything else is irrelevant.

@BamaDawg AMEN!! PREACH IT SIR!!!

@DawgBones said:
    Holy Bovine, I've got to get back to work. All this Heart Throb for the D-Rob is making my Head Throb.

@DawgBones now THAT'S FUNNY!!