Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

247 or Rivals?

2»

Comments

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Rivals has the 2 most active national boards, 247 has the best recruit info and rankings. Rivals board mods are awful,they are what keeps me from joining.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:

@UnderDog68 said:

@ghostofuga1 said:
    I'm a cheap SOB. I rely on Dawg Nation and the information provided by a lot a posters...save a few.....

Same here. I used to be on Scout...now 24/7...all the time. And then it was a pay-only site and I found my way here. The only time I am on 24/7 now is to look at the Ga. high school board, which is still free.

I was on Scout from 2003 under ghostofuga1 and HODawg. When they switched over, that place fell fast. Fortunately I found DN. Good to see you, PG and few others having made your way over here. Great board with a lot of info and really great posters....save a few....

Their boards just died.They also use 247's recruit rankings and info, so there's no added value there either. Also Legge is an annoying twit.

• SavannahDawg1SavannahDawg1 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

247 without a doubt.

• 3rdshift3rdshift Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

rivals for fb and scout for bb....prior to yahoo of course....since then...mehhh....roll the dice...i think we can all agree espn rankings have never had "glory days" they always $ukd

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

any one know if Dawg Post is worth the try. i don’t mind paying the 99¢

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

@WCDawg said:

@ghostofuga1 said:

@UnderDog68 said:

@ghostofuga1 said:
    I'm a cheap SOB. I rely on Dawg Nation and the information provided by a lot a posters...save a few.....

Same here. I used to be on Scout...now 24/7...all the time. And then it was a pay-only site and I found my way here. The only time I am on 24/7 now is to look at the Ga. high school board, which is still free.

I was on Scout from 2003 under ghostofuga1 and HODawg. When they switched over, that place fell fast. Fortunately I found DN. Good to see you, PG and few others having made your way over here. Great board with a lot of info and really great posters....save a few....

Their boards just died.They also use 247's recruit rankings and info, so there's no added value there either. Also Legge is an annoying twit.

Dean banned me from the Dawg boards way back when because I made a post about being careful on going on the UT (Scout Site) at the time because of virus threats in which I dealt with. I mentioned it on Dawgpost as a warning and he gave me a permanent ban for inferring that the Scout sites was "unsafe".

Never had much admiration for him since then.......

• FunroeFunroe Posts: 141 ✭✭✭ Junior

I prefer Rivals over 247, the insiders at rivals seem to post more often and have better content, besides Rusty. I only use 247 for the composite rankings and the crystal balls. However, all the information finds its way to DawgNation and this site is a great alternative.

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:

@UnderDog68 said:

@ghostofuga1 said:

I was jacket68 on the Scout board for 10 years until it went down the toilet. All you old-timers from Scout know why I had that handle....and it wasn't for GT.

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brentwilson said:
    any one know if Dawg Post is worth the try. i don’t mind paying the 99¢

Some of the old Scout guys are over there, but it is no longer the lively board that it was before.

• dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A bunch of guys on 247 that moan and groan and never happy, they think they know the uga recruiting board and who kirby should take and not take

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2018
  • christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

24/7, & Rivals???? YES, I get all the info I need for me to know Georgia has it all over their "Rivals", & I can get all that I need 24/7 RIGHT HERE in the DawgNation forum!!! GO DAWGS!!!