Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Florida Scandal pt 2

AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Comments

• PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If that had happened in Athens, it would have been headlines in the AJC the VERY next day, not a couple of months later.

• JKFlyfishJKFlyfish Posts: 558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They'll probably get suspended for a half in the first game. This is just plain stupidity.

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don’t know when kids will realize, only pull a gun if you plan on pulling the trigger. That could’ve escalated to a completely different level.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

air soft assault rifles??? Those kids are lucky to be alive.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

From the OP article, apparently trying to explain why they had the rifles:

University police discussed with [UF Wide receiver Kadarius] Toney how dangerous the situation could have been, as a result of using the airsoft guns that appeared real. Toney replied that other guys try and pick fights with the football players when they go out into public, the report states

When I was in Athens going to school, I hung with a crowd that could have cared less about football. It wasn’t until much later in life that I developed an interest in the game. But I don’t remember anyone trying to pick fights with the football players. You’d see someone on the team and someone would be like, “oh hey, that’s so and so!” Then you’d go back to whatever you were doing.

Actually going up to them and trying to pick a fight with them?

And then the football players buy air rifles to fend off people picking fights with them?

What the hell is going on in Gainesville?

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

These days you don’t walk around pointing lasers on any kind of gun. I conceal carry and would have not waited to see about what “spray you” would have meant. T Bang, the gambling bookie in the story would have been dropped. Anyway, screw the Gators.

• BrooklynDawgBrooklynDawg Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looks like they will make another excuse when we beat them this yr smh.

• BrooklynDawgBrooklynDawg Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@BrooklynDawg said:
    Looks like they will make another excuse when we beat them this yr smh.

But the game will be closer than the score indicates.

You didn't get the memo? When you loose you really win. Somebody took the champions of life online class.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That other Florida students repeatedly try to pick fights with the Florida football players is one for the ages.

They are division 1 football players. They don’t just beat the **** out of anybody who tries to pick a fight with them?

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Aaaand....the highest rated recruit for 2018 leaves the program....prolly for prison. The gainesville school continues to amaze.

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I could win a recruiting war with Florida right now. How could you let your son go to a school where they hang around with gamblers? Do you think that Georgia wants
    Jaelin Humphries DT 6-3 303 Lawrenceville, GA (Mountain View)

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2018

Really looking forward to seeing the Gayturds get beat on by as many teams as possible, but particularly by the DAWGS!!!

• Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah that's what I did in college, went looking for football players to fight with. Hanging out with a known gambler is not a smart thing for a college athlete to be doing.