Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Sean ( Nuke) Newcomb has a no hitter going thru 7 innings..

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just one base runner on a walk so far.
Will he pitch the 8th with 101 pitches so far ? will he finish with a no no ? tune in to TBS for the answers.

Comments

• efreeman3efreeman3 Posts: 99 ✭✭✭ Junior

Can you say, Jinx.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@efreeman3 said:
    Can you say, Jinx.

Ginks, for the phonetically inclined.
    Don't believe in them myself, never see'd one.

24 down...3 to go !

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UUUUUUUUGH!!!!!!

• ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hate the Dodgers

• ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

His pitch count was just too high.

Horrible luck, he missed by inches, then a foul went 3 rows into the stands before a single with 2 outs in the 9th, I'm sick.

@Reeldawg said:
    Ouch!!!!!!!

It's really tough to lose it that way.
    He couldn't have come any closer.

@Reeldawg said:
    His pitch count was just too high.

Mostly bad luck though. The single wasn't hit very hard and Newcomb just missed getting out 3 on the prior 2 pitches.

@WCDawg said:

I played baseball from little league to high school. Superstition is apart of the game along with several unwritten rules. You don’t talk about a no hitter during the game.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@efreeman3 said:

@WCDawg said:

I played baseball from little league to high school. Superstition is apart of the game along with several unwritten rules. You don’t talk about a no hitter during the game.

You forgot to tell rhe Braves’ announcers.

@efreeman3 said:

@WCDawg said:

That ''rule'' makes sense if you're at the stadium, even more so if you're in the dugout, it could only make the situation more tense.
    Sitting in by den posting though, it makes no difference whatsoever.

@donm said:

@efreeman3 said:

@WCDawg said:

Chip and Joe always point it out. I guess I’m just superstitious. For example during the 2017 football season I wore the same clothes, ate the same meal, and watched from my house during every game.

@donm said:

@efreeman3 said:

@WCDawg said:

Yep, their jobs come in conflict with the ''rule''.
    Only those around the pitcher have any potential at causing distraction or tension, the rest is caveman level superstition.

@WCDawg said:

@efreeman3 said:

@WCDawg said:

That ''rule'' makes sense if you're at the stadium, even more so if you're in the dugout, it could only make the situation more tense.

I’m sure it doesn’t. I grew up in a baseball family. Superstition just stuck with me.

@efreeman3 said:

@WCDawg said:

@efreeman3 said:

@WCDawg said:

I’m sure it doesn’t. I grew up in a baseball family. Superstition just stuck with me.

It was prevalent all the way back to Peewee League.

• ColaDawg86ColaDawg86 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was at the game. He pitched a great game. Future is bright for the Bravos!

Newcomb Tweet after the game
    ''****it, gave up a hit while needing just 1 strike...that was SO GAY.
    Another Tweet soon followed
    ''crap, even a Mexican should be able to get 1 strike''

Relax and read the news, there is context.