Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Happy Birthday Nakobe Dean!!!

Comments

• Options
    Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2018

@levander said:

@Acrum21 said:

@Dawg1419 said:

@benjaminwgregg said:

@levander said:
    You guys are a bunch of kooks.

LOL @ acting like you care it’s his birthday just so he’ll maybe play for your team...

Can’t you **** people just wish him happy birthday without ulterior motives?

Meh I don't know the kid, so why would I wish him happy birthday in the first place?

Bingo. Buncha freaks

You're not allowed to cheer when he racks up 11 tackles with a FF scoop n score in the playoffs 2020. I'm book marking this so we can all point and laugh 2 years from now.

Wow. Now you guys are getting even creepier. Originally all you guys wanted to do was wish a kid happy birthday in order to fool him into coming to your school.

Now you’re holding grudges against people who don’t want to do the same?

Lol it was a joke, kind of. I really did bookmark the thread tho

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Acrum21 said:

@levander said:

@Acrum21 said:

@Dawg1419 said:

@benjaminwgregg said:

@levander said:

LOL @ acting like you care it’s his birthday just so he’ll maybe play for your team...

Meh I don't know the kid, so why would I wish him happy birthday in the first place?

Bingo. Buncha freaks

You're not allowed to cheer when he racks up 11 tackles with a FF scoop n score in the playoffs 2020. I'm book marking this so we can all point and laugh 2 years from now.

Wow. Now you guys are getting even creepier. Originally all you guys wanted to do was wish a kid happy birthday in order to fool him into coming to your school.

Now you’re holding grudges against people who don’t want to do the same?

Lol it was a joke, kind of. I really did bookmark the thread tho

Doesn’t sound like you know if you were joking or not.

Like I said, creepy.

• Options
    DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:

Since day 1 of this forum you have been shaking your finger at people. I have to admire your persistence and consistency. One of these days we'll have to collect all of them together and make a "@levander Scolded Me Thread". Maybe in 10 years. Then we'll think back on the golden days of forum scolding.

• Options

@Dawgsauce said:

@levander said:

Since day 1 of this forum you have been shaking your finger at people. I have to admire your persistence and consistency. One of these days we'll have to collect all of them together and make a "@levander Scolded Me Thread". Maybe in 10 years. Then we'll think back on the golden days of forum scolding.

I know you’re an old timer (as far as Internet message boards go anyway) here like me. But you don’t post enough to remember much about what you post. You were the guy who started a thread about hot dogs, right?

• Options

Yes, I knew it!

https://forum.dawgnation.com/discussion/150/best-hot-dog-in-athens-best-in-atlanta#latest

A, even if brief, DawgNation classic!

It also occurred to me you might be an alias for one of the people I nominated as poster of the month, or the year. I don’t remember what the contest was.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2018

@BojanglesInsider but I’ll wager a bet that even Hannibal himself probably just loves the kind of biscuits that you’ve created for the world to savor. The world is a better place with your biscuits in it.😊 We all know that this guy loves those biscuits too, right?

• Options
    Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Acrum21 said:

@Dawg1419 said:

@benjaminwgregg said:

@levander said:

Bingo. Buncha freaks

Do it. Hope he achieves all but 10 tackles 😂

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell said:
    It might be of interest to some folks but Team Dean actually regards the education at Alabama to be greater than or equal to a degree at UGA.

That is not misinformation, but the fact that the engineering program in T-Town has been in place a lot longer than the comparative degree path at UGA.

Should this come to pass, the recruiting win here would largely be about 1) Fit; 2) Philosophy; 3) Support staff; 4) Football

The Bulldogs also have a big location advantage to offset here as well. It is only about 3.25 hours to Tuscaloosa from his current home. UGA is somewhere around 6.5 hours.

Jeff don't poo poo on my Friday like that lol

• Options
    JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 8,563 admin
    edited December 2018

Of note: The time for Nakobe Dean's live ESPN decision release has been set. It will take place on Dec. 19 at ....

2:20 PM EST

Even's Neal's ESPN announcement will take place at 2:30 PM EST.

I will have that up on the site later today but just wanted you good people to read about it first.

• Options

@JeffSentell said:
    Of note: The time for Nakobe Dean's live ESPN decision release has been set. It will take place on Dec. 19 at ....

2:20 PM EST

Even's Neal's ESPN announcement will take place at 2:30 PM EST.

I will have that up on the site later today but just wanted you good people to read about it first.

@JeffSentell thank you sir. Very exciting (nerve wracking?) time of the year! GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    dawghousedawghouse Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell said:
    It might be of interest to some folks but Team Dean actually regards the education at Alabama to be greater than or equal to a degree at UGA.

That is not misinformation, but the fact that the engineering program in T-Town has been in place a lot longer than the comparative degree path at UGA.

Should this come to pass, the recruiting win here would largely be about 1) Fit; 2) Philosophy; 3) Support staff; 4) Football

The Bulldogs also have a big location advantage to offset here as well. It is only about 3.25 hours to Tuscaloosa from his current home. UGA is somewhere around 6.5 hours.

@JeffSentell I thought location wasn't a factor because Mrs. Dean is expecting to relocate to wherever Nakobe chooses to play? Has that changed?

• Options
    DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:
    Yes, I knew it!

https://forum.dawgnation.com/discussion/150/best-hot-dog-in-athens-best-in-atlanta#latest

A, even if brief, DawgNation classic!

It also occurred to me you might be an alias for one of the people I nominated as poster of the month, or the year. I don’t remember what the contest was.

No alias for me. Usually just sitting back enjoying the **** show that occurs on here pretty often. And, yes I am a hotdog enthusiast.

• Options
    HumbleYourselfHumbleYourself Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2018

@JeffSentell said:

The Bulldogs also have a big location advantage to offset here as well. It is only about 3.25 hours to Tuscaloosa from his current home. UGA is somewhere around 6.5 hours

I cant help but feel like we are at disadvantage on the facilities side given the state of the Driftmier Engineering Center. Wishing the renovation project under design would be finishing up about now rather than just getting started.

Otherwise UGA is significantly higher ranked than Bama as a whole and the undergrad engineering programs aren't so far apart rankings wise which should tell you something considering the college of engineering is less than 10 years old (though the engineering program has existed as part of the College of Ag since 1933).

Next time you see the Dean family, feel free to clarify for them :smile:

• Options
    MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No, sorry people but he's most certainly gonna choose Georgia. In fact Im sure that he already has. No inside info and Im no recruitnik but my gut tells me that he'd want b a part of something that hasnt been done in his lifetime, maybe his moms either which is Georgia winning a National Championship and I also believe that he and his folks r smart enough and intuitive enough to c that in 2019 Georgia will not b denied and he very well could b starting next to Monte Rice by Fla week. JMO though. 😎😎😎

• Options
    DAWGburnDAWGburn Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ Junior

Word on the street is it’s a 2 horse race between UGA and Ole Miss. He’s gonna be a Dawg

• Options

D A N G!!! I just cannot even begin to imagine all of the behind the scenes goings on with this recruitment of Nakobe Dean!!!! WOW!!! (Other top rated players too!!!) it’s like a very, very HIGH STAKES poker game & none of us (regular fans) will even know “Who won???” Until next Wednesday the 19th, & sometimes even after that!!!

• Options
    DAWGburnDAWGburn Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ Junior

Fwiw hearing the Bama in home did not go the way Saban would’ve hoped. Ole Miss coaches are definitely fighting hard to keep him home but seems unlikely that’s gonna happen.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DAWGburn said:
    Fwiw hearing the Bama in home did not go the way Saban would’ve hoped. Ole Miss coaches are definitely fighting hard to keep him home but seems unlikely that’s gonna happen.

Unless Plumlee's, "he's coming" comment, meant he's coming to Ole Miss. Not saying it did, but if what you say is true, it's down to UGA and Ole Miss for both recruits.

• Options
    MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I honestly thinks he's signing with the Dawgs and would b mildly suprised if he didn't. GO DAWGS and take Nakobe Dean with u. 😂😂😂