Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Fields in the Sugar Bowl

scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes..another unnecessary thread but bear with me. @Raiderbeater1 suggested in another thread that we should just go ahead and cut ties with Fields now. Selfishly I agree but I doubt that will happen because of the possible fallout that could come if we don’t just bend over and take this crap.

But it got me really thinking about another issue being the bowl. Obviously I’m completely against giving Fields any more of a platform than he’s already gotten from Georgia, but it’s really worse than that and makes the whole thing look even MORE selfish. Again, due to politics I’m not at all going to be surprised if Fields goes to the bowl and I’m sure we will publicly make nice with him and his family, which only makes this crap sandwich we’re going to have to eat even more distasteful.

The more I think about it the Fields camp are either some shady, vindictive folks, or self centered to the point of delusion. Actively or not, they have pretty much placed the Dawgs in a no win situation, part of which is the bowl. This guy is most likely going to get to go to NO and enjoy the pomp and swag of the Sugar Bowl while at the same time overshadowing the final game in the Red and Black for a lot of DGDs. Either the Fields just don’t care about guys like Baker and Walker who have given it all for the Dawgs and deserve one last spotlight or they think they are more important.

Does anyone think that this story is not going to overshadow everything leading up to the game and unless it’s a close game be talked about ad nauseum in the broadcast? So as much as I think JF or his family are selfish pricks for the timing in regards to ESD, it’s really the players who he unequivocally screwed. There are reasons why people make/announce these decisions after a bowl or final game...because they put the team’s goals first. I fail to see how the Fields family gave any thought to anyone but themselves. And to add insult to injury we’re going to have to sit back and take it.

I don’t like insulting “kids” and I was a dumbass at his age but if Fields doesn’t grow the eff up his life might not turn out how he likes. Sure, some people can burn bridges and still get by, but it’s generally not a good way to go through life. Go Dawgs!

Comments

• Options
    Dawg14Dawg14 Posts: 197 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@greygoose01 said:
    Word.

I just wonder what practices are like now. Defense probably playing MUCH harder when he's on the field now.

To add to this, you think the o-line is blocking for him in practice?

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawg14 said:

@greygoose01 said:
    Word.

I just wonder what practices are like now. Defense probably playing MUCH harder when he's on the field now.

To add to this, you think the o-line is blocking for him in practice?

Ahh yes forgot about that. DOUBTFUL lol

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I trust in Kirby and staff, and I trust in the players that are friends with Fields and DGDs to handle things properly.

• Options
    Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kick his sorry azz to the kirb

• Options
    VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

Please let him play in the Sugar Bowl. One play.. Nobody blocks.

• Options
    RW24RW24 Posts: 61 ✭✭✭ Junior

keep his ass in Athens. Tell him he is off the team. No Practices.

• Options
    PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'd doubt he travels to NO if he is transferring, guys. Kirby will handle it appropriately.

• Options
    MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You give the good folks of Valdosta a bad name with that post. Any chance youre related to Adam Sasser? 😎😎😎

• Options

The timing of this is just terrible. If Fields camp was expecting Smart to bench Fromm based on his (Fields) potential then he never should've picked Georgia in the first place. The 1st mistake the Fields camp made was to underestimate the prowess of Jake Fromm. BIG MISTAKE 😎😎😎

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@scooterdawg, @Raiderbeater1 , @greygoose01 , @Dawg14 , @BigDawg279 , @TNDawg71 , @dradcliff , @Dawg1419 , @VALDOSTADAWG , @CZCashvilleDawg , @SoFL_Dawg The quicker that this situation is resolved the better for the 2018 current Georgia Bulldog Football TEAM. IF he’s actually going to transfer? What is BEST for the team ought to be the mantra here in this case. What’s best right now for the team? That this distraction end ASAP!!! He’s (Fields) is not under any type of punishment whatsoever, but he should no longer a part of the team either if he IS going to transfer out. Wish him well, but for this huge Sugar Bowl Game, he should not be traveling with the DAWGS to New Orleans IMO.

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2018

@MeR3htid said:
    You give the good folks of Valdosta a bad name with that post. Any chance youre related to Adam Sasser? 😎😎😎

Do what? I didn't mention Valdosta and I'm not from anywhere near there...and Sasser is the dipsh*t baseball player right? I certainly didn't bring him up and if I had my way he not only would have been kicked out of UGA but had his ass beaten for being a total waste of oxygen.

So if you're implying that I'm basing my distaste for the situation on race then you're reaching. I'm an equal opportunity **** and one of the main points of my post is how Fields is screwing his teammates, who last I checked are predominately black men. I'm not even getting into the waiver stuff as I'd immensely prefer no more drama and both sides just move on.

Edit: now I see that you must have been replying to @VALDOSTADAWG but I still wouldn't bring race into it...plenty of other threads to do that one I'd reckon.

• Options
    lopodawglopodawg Posts: 34 ✭✭✭ Junior

Ok so it is what it is. Justin F probably know that Jake is gonna stay 4 years and that would only leave him 1 year so I get the transfer don't blame him there but the timing is NOT GOOD.

Now I have a theory about 4th and 11. Just a theory pure speculation on my part and has been since the night of just didn't say anything you know let a sleeping dawg lie. We send our 5* freshman QB that has been training all year to read defenses out on punt team for the 1st time ever to run a fake punt?!?!? Maybe just maybe he was to read the coverage (punt block/put safe) and audible out if its not there and he FELLED! and Kirby was not gonna just throw his freshmen QB under the bus and he has just taken the heat for 4th and 11. IDK just saying what if?!?!

• Options

Yeah that was aimed at @VALDOSTADAWG. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

• Options

So how old r u 14 or 19?

• Options
    judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If fields does transfer, we’re a miscast fishing lure away from starting a freshman walkon in the sugar bowl

• Options
    VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

@MeR3htid said:
    So how old r u 14 or 19?

Talking to me? You can quote or tag people if you want their attention ;) I'm actually 105 years old

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If we know he's leaving, don't play him.