Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

QB 2020

PortlanddawgPortlanddawg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well...if this transfer goes through, who will we pursue harder for a flip: Max Johnson or Harrison Bailey?

Comments

  • VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

    Anybody out there see any of C.J. Dixon this year?

    cough @SoFL_Dawg cough

    I didn't really even hear of him playing this year, but things are strange in them Grayson parts...

  • SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @VALDOSTADAWG said:
    Anybody out there see any of C.J. Dixon this year?

    cough @SoFL_Dawg cough

    I didn't really even hear of him playing this year, but things are strange in them Grayson parts...

    I think he’d be a back up plan...believe it will heat up for Robby Ashford.

  • KaseyKasey Posts: 23,562 mod

    Robby Ashford has to like the depth chart now for sure

  • PortlanddawgPortlanddawg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭ Junior

    It would be hard to pull Ashford out of Hoover.

  • KaseyKasey Posts: 23,562 mod

    @Portlanddawg said:
    It would be hard to pull Ashford out of Hoover.

    Harder than it was to pull Webb out of Oxford.

    not to disrespect your opinion, but with Bama having Tua's little brother committed and Auburn having Bo Nix committed I think we have a better shot than normal

  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2018

    As the thread I started awhile back where I speculated the team might actually be better next season if Fields left and the focus was on a single starter, I also said it might cost us after 2019.
    We have no clear successor if Fields transfers, but I bet our brain trust is already working the problem.

  • PortlanddawgPortlanddawg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭ Junior

    @Kasey said:

    @Portlanddawg said:
    It would be hard to pull Ashford out of Hoover.

    Harder than it was to pull Webb out of Oxford.

    not to disrespect your opinion, but with Bama having Tua's little brother committed and Auburn having Bo Nix committed I think we have a better shot than normal

    Hard, but not impossible. But definitely harder than convincing Johnson or Bailey for sure.

  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Kasey said:
    Robby Ashford has to like the depth chart now for sure

    If Fromm leaves after next season we shouldn't rely on a player in the 2020 class to be ready though. We need somebody on campus ASAP.

  • BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2018

    @SoFL_Dawg said:

    @WCDawg said:
    As the thread I started awhile back where I speculated the team might actually be better next season if Fields left and the focus was on a single starter, I also said it might cost us after 2019.
    We have no clear successor if Fields transfers, but I bet our brain trust is already working the problem.

    Link?

  • KaseyKasey Posts: 23,562 mod

    @Bankwalker said:

    @SoFL_Dawg said:

    @WCDawg said:
    As the thread I started awhile back where I speculated the team might actually be better next season if Fields left and the focus was on a single starter, I also said it might cost us after 2019.
    We have no clear successor if Fields transfers, but I bet our brain trust is already working the problem.

    Link?

    You waiting for that link

  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Bankwalker said:

    @SoFL_Dawg said:

    @WCDawg said:
    As the thread I started awhile back where I speculated the team might actually be better next season if Fields left and the focus was on a single starter, I also said it might cost us after 2019.
    We have no clear successor if Fields transfers, but I bet our brain trust is already working the problem.

    Link?

    A link to what, my thread ? I may bump it to the front page.

  • PortlanddawgPortlanddawg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭ Junior

    @WCDawg said:

    @Kasey said:
    Robby Ashford has to like the depth chart now for sure

    If Fromm leaves after next season we shouldn't rely on a player in the 2020 class to be ready though. We need somebody on campus ASAP.

    I completely agree with that. It’s just super late in the recruiting process this year and I truly don’t think we’ll be able to flip someone like Hillinski, for example. I could be wrong.
    My mind is in triage mode for the future and we have a few very good candidates for 2020.

  • dawghousedawghouse Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @SoFL_Dawg said:

    @VALDOSTADAWG said:
    Anybody out there see any of C.J. Dixon this year?

    cough @SoFL_Dawg cough

    I didn't really even hear of him playing this year, but things are strange in them Grayson parts...

    I think he’d be a back up plan...believe it will heat up for Robby Ashford.

    @SoFL_Dawg do you know if we were included on Uiagalelei's southeast trip back in ... November I think ... when he visited with Clemson and Auburn? Don't know how seriously he's considering southeast programs, but we now offer him the best path to PT.

Sign In or Register to comment.