Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

I’m just gonna say it..

123457»

Comments

• Options
    TMazz2009TMazz2009 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Lefty13 said:

@pgjackson said:
    Who is the 3rd string QB right now behind Fields? I should know this...

Walk on , I believe his name is Downing.

Matthew could run this team in a pinch. Had a very nice career at Alpharetta. And his progressions and decision making is at the very least on par with Fields.

• Options
    Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@TMazz2009 said:

@Lefty13 said:

@pgjackson said:

Matthew could run this team in a pinch. Had a very nice career at Alpharetta. And his progressions and decision making is at the very least on par with Fields.

No doubt you are correct, Fields has a bad habit of wanting to take off and run every time his primary receiver isn't open, no check downs at all.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TMazz2009 said:

@Lefty13 said:

@pgjackson said:

How could you possibly know that?

• Options
    CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fromm would have found a way to check out of the fake punt. It was obvious Bama was expecting it.

• Options
    CaliDawgCaliDawg Posts: 44 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2018

@Bigcalidawg said:

@CaliDawg said:

I'm not about that either but definitely bad timing by Fields'. He's not too young to know how to keep quite until an appropriate time.

Are you.........my son? Son! Finally!

@Bigcalidawg said:

@CaliDawg said:

I'm not about that either but definitely bad timing by Fields'. He's not too young to know how to keep quite until an appropriate time.

Oh now you want a relationship?? You can’t just walk in to my life whenever you feel like it.
    I hope your boozing, drugging, and male prostitution days are behind you.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JRT812 said:

@JimWallace said:
    I'm going to say he's on the team until Kirby says he isn't. If he's on the team I support him. If he abandons the team I wish him well but don't let the door hit him in the behind on the way out.

I'm also concerned that he got bad advice and is still getting bad advice. The race card? Really! Really? Hopefully that is a nasty rumor. It's nasty in any case.

Kirby kept saying stuff all year about Fields being ready and all that, but I never saw it. We all see the potential, but if he leaves I have concerns about his future. I hear talk that he's got the number one draft pick slotted into his calendar, but what film are people watching when they say such things?

I want him to stick around and see if he can earn a starting spot, but it sure smells like he's leaving for what may or may not be greener pastures.

This mess makes me appreciate Eason and his family for the class act his transfer was. Hopefully Mr. Fields and his family will do what they can to follow that example.

Go, Dawgs!

Greener pastures are greener for a reason... manure

@JRT812 that’s right bro! What becomes Green? Started our brown and smelly!!

• Options
    BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CaliDawg said:

@Bigcalidawg said:

@CaliDawg said:

@Bigcalidawg said:

@CaliDawg said:

Oh now you want a relationship?? You can’t just walk in to my life whenever you feel like it.

Ok, look.....I’m sorry.

Look son, you gotta admit, I DID save on 18 years of child support payments.

Let me buy you a beer and we can catch up.

• Options
    ddub123ddub123 Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

@Casanova_Flatulence said:

@101ina45 said:

@Casanova_Flatulence said:
    We got everyone we wanted today except Sanders and on top of it landed a surprise signing day flip in Mathis. Don't let the Fields debacle mess up a good day.

We didn't get Haselwood or Neal.

Neal was never a Dawg. The CB's were from Bama from Day 1. Hasselwood, well he's a headache we don't need... think Blaylock.

I'm trying to figure out how to get a voice.....bare with me, please.... I live in Colorado. Got BOBO and Mel out here running ****. I lived at 549 highland Ave, off of 5 points. I helped design and build the butts- merr building.thats not the spelling, but not going back. I hope my DAWGS are going to make a statement!!!! You guys ARE THE BEST TEAM IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!! I SHOW MY COLORS ON MY FRONT PORCH IN COLORADO 24/7S!!!! WAVING RIGHT NOW IN A SNOW STORM!!!!! -5 TONIGHT.... Y'ALL NEED TO SHOW THE WORLD IN THIS BOWL GAME!!!!! BLOW THAT **** OUT!!!!!!! Show the WORLD, YOU CAN DOMINATE!!!!! SHOW THE WORLD, THEY **** UP!!!!!!! MY COLORS STILL ADORN THE WINDS, SNOW, THE EXTREME ELIMENTS OF THE HARSH CLIMATE OF THESE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!!! GO ROCK THE WORLD DAWGS!!!!!!! MEL AND BOBO WILL BE PROUD!!!!!! SHOW THE WORLD WHO THE UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA IS!!!!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2018

@donm said:

@TMazz2009 said:

@Lefty13 said:

@pgjackson said:

Did you not watch them this year? Downing had a smaller sample size and was already going through progressions pretty well. Fields looked lost for most of the year... vs Austin Peay all the way to Bama in SECcg.

If we need someone to run the read option, then put MeCole in there. He is more dynamic than Fields.

Based on that, you have to do some deductive reasoning.

• Options
    judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TMazz2009 said:

@donm said:

@TMazz2009 said:

@Lefty13 said:

@pgjackson said:

Did you not watch them this year? Downing had a smaller sample size and was already going through progressions pretty well. Fields looked lost for most of the year... vs Austin Peay all the way to Bama in SECcg.

If we need someone to run the read option, then put MeCole in there. He is more dynamic than Fields.

My eyes just rolled so far back into my head that I’m now blind. Thanks

• Options

@CaliDawg said:

@Bigcalidawg said:

@CaliDawg said:

@Bigcalidawg said:

@CaliDawg said:

@Bigcalidawg said:

@CaliDawg said:

@Bigcalidawg said:

@CaliDawg said:

@Bigcalidawg said:

@CaliDawg said:

Ok, look.....I’m sorry.

Fine. You’re buying the bar.

@Bigcalidawg said:

@CaliDawg said:

@Bigcalidawg said:

@CaliDawg said:

@Bigcalidawg said:

@CaliDawg said:

Ok, look.....I’m sorry.

You’re buying the bar AND letting me borrow your car whenever I need it!

• Options
    BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CaliDawg said:

@CaliDawg said:

@Bigcalidawg said:

@CaliDawg said:

@Bigcalidawg said:

@CaliDawg said:

@Bigcalidawg said:

@CaliDawg said:

@Bigcalidawg said:

@CaliDawg said:

@Bigcalidawg said:

@CaliDawg said:

Ok, look.....I’m sorry.

@Bigcalidawg said:

@CaliDawg said:

@Bigcalidawg said:

@CaliDawg said:

@Bigcalidawg said:

@CaliDawg said:

Ok, look.....I’m sorry.

Ok son, I’m due for release in March of 2020.

• Options
    SaltDawg1515SaltDawg1515 Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

@YK_DAWG24 said:

@SaltDawg1515 said:
    Hope he goes to OSU. Will be a big fan of Martell.

Just sound like a hater now, smh

@YK_DAWG24 said:

@SaltDawg1515 said:
    Hope he goes to OSU. Will be a big fan of Martell.

Just sound like a hater now, smh

Yes, fair enough. I'm in that category.

• Options

@judasdurant said:

@TMazz2009 said:

@donm said:

@TMazz2009 said:

@Lefty13 said:

@pgjackson said:

Not sure why? Fields has some major flaws. Those flaws did not get corrected from week 1 til now. He is what he is right now. Evaluating is part of my day so I have seen Downing (mostly his Sr yr) on more than one occasion and Fields on many occasion (mostly his Jr season). At this point in time, either one of them would do in a pinch....but neither can come close to what Fromm engineers out there...at least at the moment.

Fields has all the tools but has a lot of bad habits. Think of it like this....have u had a dog that liked to chase cars? Now imagine the fight of trying to keep him from chasing cars. Only a handful of dogs can learn while the others get hit by traffic. Fields has plenty to learn and this has been a wasted year for him. He is having a tough time breaking those habits and learning basic pro style principles. He is young and has time to catch on, but he has to be patient which is something he doesn't seem be.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TMazz2009 said:

@judasdurant said:

@TMazz2009 said:

@donm said:

@TMazz2009 said:

@Lefty13 said:

@pgjackson said:

Not sure why? Fields has some major flaws. Those flaws did not get corrected from week 1 til now. He is what he is right now. Evaluating is part of my day so I have seen Downing (mostly his Sr yr) on more than one occasion and Fields on many occasion (mostly his Jr season). At this point in time, either one of them would do in a pinch....but neither can come close to what Fromm engineers out there...at least at the moment.

Fields has all the tools but has a lot of bad habits. Think of it like this....have u had a dog that liked to chase cars? Now imagine the fight of trying to keep him from chasing cars. Only a handful of dogs can learn while the others get hit by traffic. Fields has plenty to learn and this has been a wasted year for him. He is having a tough time breaking those habits and learning basic pro style principles. He is young and has time to catch on, but he has to be patient which is something he doesn't seem be.

Not sure I'd say this year has been a waste for him. I think he's learned a lot - not necessarily enough in some cases - but he's surely learned about the work ethic necessary. He's learned about the speed of the game and likely other stuff. Reading defenses and progressions and such...still a work in progress. Not everyone develops at the same rate.

• Options
    judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TMazz2009 said:

@judasdurant said:

@TMazz2009 said:

@donm said:

@TMazz2009 said:

@Lefty13 said:

@pgjackson said:

He threw for more yards against UMass than downing will throw for in his entire uga career. Downing isn’t even a scholarship player. You’re an absolute idiot if you think downing would’ve done better than fields as our backup

• Options

@Bigcalidawg said:

@CaliDawg said:

@CaliDawg said:

@Bigcalidawg said:

@CaliDawg said:

@Bigcalidawg said:

@CaliDawg said:

@Bigcalidawg said:

@CaliDawg said:

@Bigcalidawg said:

@CaliDawg said:

@Bigcalidawg said:

@CaliDawg said:

Ok, look.....I’m sorry.

@Bigcalidawg said:

@CaliDawg said:

@Bigcalidawg said:

@CaliDawg said:

@Bigcalidawg said:

@CaliDawg said:

Ok, look.....I’m sorry.

Ok son, I’m due for release in March of 2020.

Excuses, excuses