Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Something is going on..

13»

Comments

• Options
    BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I happen to wonder if the timing of all the offensive guys have anything to do with a certain person that decides his future tomorrow. Maybe saying, here’s your chance to come in and have one of those spots if your as good as advertised.

• Options
    nycdawgnycdawg Posts: 883 ✭✭✭ Junior

@tymoon31 said:

@darklango said:
    How would they benefit from coming back? Kirby is not developing skill positions. The program is turning in the wrong direction

Thats why i wonder if theyre leaving because of Chaney.

I tried telling you guys after the SECCG that it was Chaney.

They didn't believe me back in October when I told them that Fields was leaving.

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Posts: 163 ✭✭✭ Junior

@tymoon31 said:
    You cant tell me something isnt going on behind closed doors. Whether its the offensive guys that cant stand Chaneys play calling or Kirby handling the team in a bad way, something just doesn't feel right. I expected a few to the draft but all of these OFFENSIVE players have me wondering.

I'm thinking Chaney's play calling. Our exceptional talent has made him look good but the goal line issues this year really exposed him as a offensive genius fraud.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,884 mod

@nycdawg said:

@tymoon31 said:

@darklango said:
    How would they benefit from coming back? Kirby is not developing skill positions. The program is turning in the wrong direction

They didn't believe me back in October when I told them that Fields was leaving.

• Options
    umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tymoon31 said:

@WayxGaDawg said:
    I should not be surprised by the reaction from our fan base over guys going to the NFL, but just when I thought I had heard it all, now somehow our OC is the reason our players are "going to the NFL"! The reason they are going to the NFL is to GET PAID! Their dreams of playing in the NFL are stronger than their desire to play another year at Georgia! Does that really surprise anyone! Also, you get rid of Channey and you can kiss Sam Pittman Good Bye! Please stop overreacting to every decision 19 and 20-year-old young men are making!

Theyre going early... when each of these guys outside of nauta would increase their draft grades tremendously. Which in turn, pays more money. In my mind the only juniors that should really leave is a 1st or maybe a 2nd round pick. Beyond that, it pays big to come back.

Unless you’re a first round pick, the money isn’t that significant. What you really want is to get to the second contract (non rookie contract) as soon as possible and, if you’re a rb, as few of miles as possible. Basically, if these guys didn’t think they could become first round picks (didn’t have the measurables, which are hard to change or whatever) it can still make sense to go the league early.

• Options

@umooner said:

@tymoon31 said:

@WayxGaDawg said:
    I should not be surprised by the reaction from our fan base over guys going to the NFL, but just when I thought I had heard it all, now somehow our OC is the reason our players are "going to the NFL"! The reason they are going to the NFL is to GET PAID! Their dreams of playing in the NFL are stronger than their desire to play another year at Georgia! Does that really surprise anyone! Also, you get rid of Channey and you can kiss Sam Pittman Good Bye! Please stop overreacting to every decision 19 and 20-year-old young men are making!

Theyre going early... when each of these guys outside of nauta would increase their draft grades tremendously. Which in turn, pays more money. In my mind the only juniors that should really leave is a 1st or maybe a 2nd round pick. Beyond that, it pays big to come back.

Unless you’re a first round pick, the money isn’t that significant. What you really want is to get to the second contract (non rookie contract) as soon as possible and, if you’re a rb, as few of miles as possible. Basically, if these guys didn’t think they could become first round picks (didn’t have the measurables, which are hard to change or whatever) it can still make sense to go the league early.

Exactly...if Riley or Mecole play like top 10 guys they can renegotiate and get big time paid. Hard to do that improving their draft stock their senior year.

Similar to college basketball kids declaring early and getting better in the NBA against better competition

• Options
    edited January 2019

@Kasey said:

@umooner said:

@tymoon31 said:

@WayxGaDawg said:

Exactly...if Riley or Mecole play like top 10 guys they can renegotiate and get big time paid. Hard to do that improving their draft stock their senior year.

Similar to college basketball kids declaring early and getting better in the NBA against better competition

I think Mecole is the only one that didn’t make sense. I don’t think Riley Ridley is improving a 1-2 round grade, and I don’t think Elijah or Nauta has any chance either. I think Mecole could’ve gotten a 1-2 round grade if he improved his craft some because that dude can fly. I know people talk about his return skills, but the way the game is going, that becomes less important.

• Options

@umooner said:

@Kasey said:

@umooner said:

@tymoon31 said:

@WayxGaDawg said:

I think Mecole is the only one that didn’t make sense. I don’t think Riley Ridley is improving a 1-2 round grade, and I don’t think Elijah or Nauta has any chance either. I think Mecole could’ve gotten a 1-2 round grade if he improved his craft some because that dude can fly. I know people talk about his return skills, but the way the game is going, that becomes less important.

Someone must’ve gotten in his ear he could be the next Tyreek Hill. And they may not be wrong

• Options
    ColumboColumbo Posts: 283 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@reheckman said:
    We had one of the most productive offenses in the nation. I would be more worried about someone taking Chaney.

Chaney must have done something right developing Drew Brees, the All-Time Passing Leader in the NFL.

We have a tight-end and two WR’s with positive draft grades leaving early. If Jadon H. thinks UGA will impede his ability to move to the NFL, whatever, do what you think is best.

Is Chaney perfect?, no none of us are. I would have liked a few more screens against Texas. As others have posted, Kirby probably gives him the general guidelines for the season and each game.

The upside to the Chaney-Pittman combo is continuity for recruiting and basic schemes as they both might be content to finish their careers in Athens. The other option is a revolving door of up and coming coaches and different systems each year.

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Posts: 163 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Columbo said:

@reheckman said:
    We had one of the most productive offenses in the nation. I would be more worried about someone taking Chaney.

Chaney must have done something right developing Drew Brees, the All-Time Passing Leader in the NFL.

We have a tight-end and two WR’s with positive draft grades leaving early. If Jadon H. thinks UGA will impede his ability to move to the NFL, whatever, do what you think is best.

Is Chaney perfect?, no none of us are. I would have liked a few more screens against Texas. As others have posted, Kirby probably gives him the general guidelines for the season and each game.

The upside to the Chaney-Pittman combo is continuity for recruiting and basic schemes as they both might be content to finish their careers in Athens. The other option is a revolving door of up and coming coaches and different systems each year.

There again talent making him look good. Drew Brees is a fierce competitor and puts in work to get better overcoming his height. As far as I can tell the only thing he's developed is that belly.

• Options

@nycdawg said:

@tymoon31 said:

@darklango said:

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@texdawg said:

@darklango said:

This might be the dumbest post of the night. They weren't developed but they are able to get drafted into the NFL?

That saying something tonight, Coach. The statement they are leaving because of "the lack of likeness of a coach" is no worse than 2nd place.

• Options
    darklangodarklango Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@texdawg said:

@darklango said:

This might be the dumbest post of the night. They weren't developed but they are able to get drafted into the NFL?

They cant improve their draft grade by coming back. They have talent but its hard to showcase your talent when your only getting one or two looks a game. Name one of those player that's leaving that can improve their production next season?

• Options

@darklango said:

@texdawg said:

@darklango said:

They cant improve their draft grade by coming back. They have talent but its hard to showcase your talent when your only getting one or two looks a game. Name one of those player that's leaving that can improve their production next season?

I don’t think it’s about production exactly, although possibly in Ridley’s case. I think it has more to do with measurables. I don’t see Holyfield breaking out a 4.4, and he’s not that big either. Nauta isn’t going to grow any taller either.

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said:

@texdawg said:

@darklango said:

That saying something tonight, Coach. The statement they are leaving because of "the lack of likeness of a coach" is no worse than 2nd place.

Good point

• Options
    MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brentwilson said:
    if Chaney is the problem i am sure they will get him out of there

I'd think so, but there's the real chance of losing Pittman then. That CANNOT happen.

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@darklango said:

@texdawg said:

@darklango said:

I'm having a difficult time following your logic. Explain to me why you thought Georgia had a bad offense or why players aren't able to showcase their talent in a pro style offense as efficient as the one they had.

• Options
    darklangodarklango Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@texdawg said:

@darklango said:

@texdawg said:

@darklango said:

I'm having a difficult time following your logic. Explain to me why you thought Georgia had a bad offense or why players aren't able to showcase their talent in a pro style offense as efficient as the one they had.

I think if your're a running back or lineman your gold at UGA. But Chaney doesn't take advantage of the defense weakness like he should. We force the run regardless of who we play. We literally had 4 WRs and 2 TEs that will easily play on Sunday. Sometimes it's ok to throw the ball around if that's the best option. Not at UGA. I think we had maybe the best WR core in college this year and it didn't show. We're not maximizing the potential of our WRs or QB. If they came back, nothing would change. They would still end the year with about 30 catches.