Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Pittman to Bama?

jvance32jvance32 Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

Heard that Bama has made an offer to Sam Pittman to be their oline coach.... any one else hearing this?

Comments

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't see any incentive for Pittman other than money, and I think we'll match any offer.
    CSP has a great situation where he can coach till he's ready to retire, as opposed to joining a staff that likely will break up in a few years.

• GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If he wanted to coach with Saban, he'd already be there. Supposedly he actually hates him.

• BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

HE GONE . My sources are telling me they want our Chaplin as well.

• BrettGarrBrettGarr Posts: 152 ✭✭✭ Junior

@BigDawgEatin said:
    HE GONE . My sources are telling me they want our **Chaplin **as well.

Charlie? :)

• BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BrettGarr said:

@BigDawgEatin said:
    HE GONE . My sources are telling me they want our **Chaplin **as well.

Charlie? :)

Yes him and our Chaplain. We losing errbody!

• PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I read they were interested in Chip's article. Why would Pittman want to leave the studs he has assembled in the room? Our Oline talent is better than Bama's imo. My guess, if true, would be leverage for a big pay bump. Chaney could be doing the same with TN.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PerroGrande said:
    I read they were interested in Chip's article. Why would Pittman want to leave the studs he has assembled in the room? Our Oline talent is better than Bama's imo. My guess, if true, would be leverage for a big pay bump. Chaney could be doing the same with TN.

Chaney is said to have property near Knoxville and he has history there. I wouldn't be surprised if he had interest.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@PerroGrande said:

Chaney is said to have property near Knoxville and he has history there. I wouldn't be surprised if he had interest.

He already told Pruitt he wasn't leaving for Knoxville in December.

• shooterboi1017shooterboi1017 Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior

@jvance32 said:
    Heard that Bama has made an offer to Sam Pittman to be their oline coach.... any one else hearing this?

Where did you hear this from?

• tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JayDog said:
    Nothing to see here. Moving on.

that is a vote up!

• BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019
  • JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I heard Elvis is doing a concert in Sanford Stadium tonight. My daughter is a student there and she's getting me tickets.

• umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All else being equal Athens is 10x better place to live than T-town.

• Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@PerroGrande said:

I would t worry a wink if Chaney went to Knoxville. We know how to shut down his unimaginative Offense with ease.

• Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@umooner said:
    All else being equal Athens is 10x better place to live than T-town.

Lots of people don’t realize this.

When a fun Saturday night is drinking at a honky tonk bar or grocery shopping at the piggly wiggly it makes Athens look like LA or NYC.