Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What if Coley is the bad apple

threeandfuormakeonethreeandfuormakeone Posts: 22 ✭✭ Sophomore

I had a sense early on that something was different in the character of the program, a little bit off somehow. The quarterbacks seemed off whereas last year, despite Eason losing his job to Fromm, they seemed stable, competitive yet somehow settled. Things began to have a different feeling about them right around the time Coley got his promotion and took over the QBs. My sense is that Chaney may be more of the 'good man' type and Coley more the 'slick salesman' type and their personalities and methods conflicted, Chaney being more soothing and Coley being unsettling. I wouldn't be surprised to find Coley a source of controversy for us in the future. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That's a boatload of speculation (not a personal attack)...I just don't know. KIrby will in all likelihood make the right decision.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@kelly_b said:
    That's a boatload of speculation (not a personal attack)...I just don't know. KIrby will in all likelihood make the right decision.

I think you have a very active imagination and should be a screen writer in your spare time.

• Options

@donm said:

@kelly_b said:

I think you have a very active imagination and should be a screen writer in your spare time.

I'm published, but I haven't done any screen writing. What was weird about the post? That Kirby will make the right decision? You don't think he will? Or were you referring to the original post?

• Options

I thought something was a bit off. :)

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@kelly_b said:

Yeah, it was moi.

• Options
    VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

The off-season of what-ifs

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@threeandfuormakeone said:
    I wouldn't be surprised to find Coley a source of controversy for us in the future. Thoughts?

No way. OC is never a hotbed for controversy in the fanbase. Especially at UGA.

• Options

Honestly...there's no way I would want to be an OC. I'm sure it's cool and all, but it seems like the kind of occupation that requires a safe-word.

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey...what if Coley is not an apple at all? Hmmm...

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You guys are talking apples and oranges.

• Options

@greshamdisco said:
    You guys are talking apples and oranges.

If we're not, we should be. Must be inclusive you know.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@threeandfuormakeone said:
    I had a sense early on that something was different in the character of the program, a little bit off somehow. The quarterbacks seemed off whereas last year, despite Eason losing his job to Fromm, they seemed stable, competitive yet somehow settled. Things began to have a different feeling about them right around the time Coley got his promotion and took over the QBs. My sense is that Chaney may be more of the 'good man' type and Coley more the 'slick salesman' type and their personalities and methods conflicted, Chaney being more soothing and Coley being unsettling. I wouldn't be surprised to find Coley a source of controversy for us in the future. Thoughts?

The problem with shifting coaches was about training, not about ''bad apples''. I think Kirby made a mistake when he shifted Chaney from QBs, it seemed to stunt the entire passing game for much of the season.

• Options
    GAFANINTNGAFANINTN Posts: 55 ✭✭✭ Junior

One thing is for sure...Jim Chaney has never eaten an apple nor an orange....

• Options

@kelly_b said:
    Honestly...there's no way I would want to be an OC. I'm sure it's cool and all, but it seems like the kind of occupation that requires a safe-word.

I'd be fine taking the money and crashing spectacularly.

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@kelly_b said:

You're a mercenary

• Options

@CTDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@kelly_b said:

You're a mercenary

Yep.

• Options

I think I'm going to eat me an orange.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@kelly_b said:

Yeah, it was moi.

Reminds me of the old Steve Martin joke.

"What happened!?!?!?!"

"He spoke French!"

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@GAFANINTN said:
    One thing is for sure...Jim Chaney has never eaten an apple nor an orange....

Ha! 1st post zinger! Welcome bro!