Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What if Coley is the bad apple

2»

Comments

• Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@kelly_b out of curiosity, what did you have published?

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

What if Pablo Fields was the bad apple?

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Coley is an errand boy sent by grocery clerks to collect a bill.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

@GAFANINTN said:
    One thing is for sure...Jim Chaney has never eaten an apple nor an orange....

Bet he's ate a lot of stuff that ate apples though.

• Options
    gdawg4lifegdawg4life Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@threeandfuormakeone said:
    I had a sense early on that something was different in the character of the program, a little bit off somehow. The quarterbacks seemed off whereas last year, despite Eason losing his job to Fromm, they seemed stable, competitive yet somehow settled. Things began to have a different feeling about them right around the time Coley got his promotion and took over the QBs. My sense is that Chaney may be more of the 'good man' type and Coley more the 'slick salesman' type and their personalities and methods conflicted, Chaney being more soothing and Coley being unsettling. I wouldn't be surprised to find Coley a source of controversy for us in the future. Thoughts?

The problem with shifting coaches was about training, not about ''bad apples''. I think Kirby made a mistake when he shifted Chaney from QBs, it seemed to stunt the entire passing game for much of the season.

What? We averaged 50 more yards passing per game over last year. Personally I wasn’t a fan of the change, but our passing game improved when looking at stats.

• Options
    kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Muffingod said:
    @kelly_b out of curiosity, what did you have published?

I've published in a few literary journals: Mississippi Review, Tin House and a few others. All short stories obviously. I've published art and music crit in Orlando Weekly, Orlando Sentinel, here in France in a few obscure but relevant zine type-dealies. I'm finishing a book of shorts now and about to deliver to my agent. After that, a novel. I'm a late bloomer.

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

Bad apple you say? I’m not trying to be tart, but no matter how you slice this thread up, there will always be bad seeds to worry over. I have an in cider who has peeled back the situation and gotten to the core of the issue: Coley was picked as co-OC, and the other co fell off the tree, and Coley has good chemis-tree with Smart. Besides, who do you want us to hire? Applewhite? Not appeeling to me. (How ‘bout them apples?)

• Options

Sorry for the puns.

• Options
    DobroMattInOzDobroMattInOz Posts: 213 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options

Thanks! But this thread has been rotten. :-)

• Options
    MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not that it would've been the 1st time ever done or anything, but do you think it was some kind of **** of genious with Dabo naming Tony Elliott and Jeff Scott as Co-Offensive Coordinators after Chad Morris left. Could've been the only way to satisfy both egos. Dabo probably sat them down, explained to them that they would have to work in concert with each other and if either or both of u dont like the arraignment then there's the door. And they've lived happily ever after. 😎😎😎