Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Looks like their learning allot at the UGA

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

@EricDawgs1 said:
    America will never be fair til the old racist whites who teaches their young ones to be the same.they need to die off.the south is racist as hell and will stay this way until they all die.confederate loving pussies.oh btw just as black kill each other more so does white on white crime.dummy every race is like that.

This is the other side of the closed thinking brick wall. Blacks indeed do kill each other in street violence at far greater rates than whites. That said, people of European ancestry have committed genocide around the globe beginning in 1492. In most cases when Spanish, Portuguese, French, English or Dutch ships landed it has led to genocide and enslavement of natives.
    As far as the magic key to black success being the destruction of whites...no. The work has to be done from inside communities, and it has to be constructive, not destructive or just railing against whites.

Vietnamize came here from rice patties and were hated by many or maybe even a majority of Americans. What they knew was education and a low profile was their key to success. Within a generation many had surpassed American born students and moved on to high paying careers. Books are the key to the future, not rocks or bullets.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:
    We should've made bets on when/where @WCDawg would come back, and most of us would've definitely won with our bets that he'd come back on a political argument thread. Arguing and politics, his favorite things in life, oh and never being wrong (that's truly his favorite)... I'm sure he'll turn this argument around soon and say everyone is picking on him. Poor guy, I don't know why he can't catch a break.

Are you incapable of self examination ?
    It's you and a couple of other rabble rousers that insist on getting personal beyond the subject at hand. Point to the place on the doll where the bad person hurt you.

The bad person touched me just below the belt. Right where I hope your girlfriend/boyfriend touches you, so you can loosen up a little.

You are truly clueless about yourself. You insult, but you can't take your own methods being pointed back at you. There is a mob mentality at work here.

I never denied getting personal with you, Einstein. When you started getting personal with me, many many moons ago... You’re the only person on this board I personally “attack.” And that probably goes for many other users on here... take that for what it’s worth.

I'm the only non-mob member who doesn't tiptoe around you guys on this board. That makes me a target. When I push back you seem incapable of seeing your role in the escalation because the mob members have come to feel you can insult without having those tactics turned back on you.
    You guys loved The Cal. guy who posted a long valentine, but you never make similar efforts. That is because you feel this is your board and those with contrary views need to play by rules to mobsters impose.

You keep moving your main point around (which is typical in discussions with you). First, I can't "self-examine" that I'm getting personal with you. I then say I know I'm getting personal. Then you say I can't take getting attacked back, when I welcome you to attack back, I really don't care. Now we are onto the mythic "mob" on this board. Speaking of self-examination, could this all be because you're an angry person, and people (aka mob) typically don't like angry, know-it-alls that much? Please take a moment to "self-examine" these points.

My only main point is you and a few other posters are anal assholes.

And you're such a delight... Typical, called out for changing your points around, then go to name-calling cause you can't deny the facts. What it's like having discussions with @WCDawg.. Hmm, I wonder why there's a mob out to get him?

You're about as evolved as a jr high punk.

See, name calling when he can't deny the facts. I love you too, boo! :*

You post the word ''facts'' a lot, but you post very, very few actual FACTS.

Yeah, because calling out the events that transpired is not-factual. You're so smart.

What ''events'' ? all you've done is misrepresent a f...ing post from a year ago over and over as if it makes your dic bigger, it's an absurd obsession.

You off your meds again? I’m not even referencing old posts when talking about said events. I relayed exactly what happened on this thread, and of course you revert to name calling. A brick wall is more receptive than you.

That is typical, you alude to a supposed something that is really nothing. It's empty rhetoric.

Oh look, it's right around 9:30 in the morning. That's about the time this grumpy old man gets on DawgNation to pick his daily fights. #getoffmylawn

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Here is a helpful note to anyone who feels they cannot bear to see these types of conversations, or want to police the board and cry about "the rules".

I get it, but I would be lying if I said I gave one F about how someone is bothered by a political conversation they don't need to read; however, you do have a way to make these conversations disappear from the front page. Use your downvote button, but do not waste your time downvoting a post deeper in the thread. You have to downvote the ORIGINAL POST. I do not know the exact number, but once the original post in a thread receives somewhere between 5-10 DVs, the thread is no longer cycled back to the top of the board. The conversation can continue among those who are interested, but at least the people who need a xanax because of what two other people are discussing can get some relief.

Go to the very top of the thread and DV the OP. That's your answer. I'll give this one the first just to help.

• Options

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:
    We should've made bets on when/where @WCDawg would come back, and most of us would've definitely won with our bets that he'd come back on a political argument thread. Arguing and politics, his favorite things in life, oh and never being wrong (that's truly his favorite)... I'm sure he'll turn this argument around soon and say everyone is picking on him. Poor guy, I don't know why he can't catch a break.

It's you and a couple of other rabble rousers that insist on getting personal beyond the subject at hand. Point to the place on the doll where the bad person hurt you.

The bad person touched me just below the belt. Right where I hope your girlfriend/boyfriend touches you, so you can loosen up a little.

You are truly clueless about yourself. You insult, but you can't take your own methods being pointed back at you. There is a mob mentality at work here.

I never denied getting personal with you, Einstein. When you started getting personal with me, many many moons ago... You’re the only person on this board I personally “attack.” And that probably goes for many other users on here... take that for what it’s worth.

I'm the only non-mob member who doesn't tiptoe around you guys on this board. That makes me a target. When I push back you seem incapable of seeing your role in the escalation because the mob members have come to feel you can insult without having those tactics turned back on you.
    You guys loved The Cal. guy who posted a long valentine, but you never make similar efforts. That is because you feel this is your board and those with contrary views need to play by rules to mobsters impose.

You keep moving your main point around (which is typical in discussions with you). First, I can't "self-examine" that I'm getting personal with you. I then say I know I'm getting personal. Then you say I can't take getting attacked back, when I welcome you to attack back, I really don't care. Now we are onto the mythic "mob" on this board. Speaking of self-examination, could this all be because you're an angry person, and people (aka mob) typically don't like angry, know-it-alls that much? Please take a moment to "self-examine" these points.

And you're such a delight... Typical, called out for changing your points around, then go to name-calling cause you can't deny the facts. What it's like having discussions with @WCDawg.. Hmm, I wonder why there's a mob out to get him?

Yeah, because calling out the events that transpired is not-factual. You're so smart.

What ''events'' ? all you've done is misrepresent a f...ing post from a year ago over and over as if it makes your dic bigger, it's an absurd obsession.

You off your meds again? I’m not even referencing old posts when talking about said events. I relayed exactly what happened on this thread, and of course you revert to name calling. A brick wall is more receptive than you.

That is typical, you alude to a supposed something that is really nothing. It's empty rhetoric.

Oh look, it's right around 9:30 in the morning. That's about the time this grumpy old man gets on DawgNation to pick his daily fights. #getoffmylawn

There I go again, you might want to learn the definition of irony.

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

And you may want to learn how to spell "allude." Especially if you're trying to come off as a know-it-all.

• Options

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

And you may want to learn how to spell "allude." Especially if you're trying to come off as a know-it-all.

I'm not trying to come off as anything in particular, you're the anal/obsessive one.

• Options
    edited January 2019

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

I'm not trying to come off as anything in particular, you're the anal/obsessive one.

I'm having fun. That's what this board is for, right?

• Options

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

I'm having fun. That's what this board is for, right?

Fun...what do you know about having fun ?
    In my best ''what to you know about killing'' voice, from the movie Platoon.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@YaleDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@YaleDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RxDawg said:
    This wave of hate the political left has been riding in order to win elections is coming with consequences. To many people addicted to rage. To many people wanting to blame all their problems on "the others" out there. I liked SoFl Dawg's post because he touched on how people fear the unknown. This has been true since the dawn of time. It's truly sad how many have been manipulated and mislead so a few can gain power.

90% of mainstream political rage in recent years has come from the right, fueled by alt right and fake news sites. This is the community that elected Donald Trump.
    We are just now seeing true far left activist gaining real power, it's a direct counter measure to the far right.
    Common sense and fair mindedness is losing out to radicalization, irrational white fear of Obama was the big catalyst in the train to hell gaining momentum.

Dude you are crazy.... first, what exactly is the "far right"? Where is this supposed "far right"? Because that's not who I see marching in the streets, blocking up highways, screaming in people's faces. No the left took off and left everyone else behind. This in turn makes everyone else look "far" to you, but really most of us are still near the middle. It's relative. What I really fear is when the "far right" actually does show up. Because if the left keeps jumping up and down and screaming and finger pointing and riling up hate.... well it won't be pretty when the right acts like they do.

I believe the far right was in Charlottesville running a woman over

So what... a thousand of them. In the entire country? Yeh, that's a huge problem we better jump all over. They're obviously pulling all kinds of strings with the country.

So you think the far left that are "marching in the streets, blocking up highways, screaming in people's faces" that is also a very small percentage of the population are pulling all kinds of strings with the country?

They do it in multiple cities. But the biggest difference... the right leaders disavow those people. The left leaders support their radicals and even prop them up. I assure you, the right doesn't act like the left does. When they do, I'll think as little of them as I do of the left now.

Just so I get this straight, you say a small percentage of the right is far right(which I completely agree with), but that the far left is so predominate in the left that they control entire cities? That's saying at least 51% of the liberals in your given cities are hard left. That's just not factual.

I beieve he was saying, or st least I will say, that the number of radicals is much more visible on the left, and municipal (dem controlled) governments appear more willing to allow them to creat chaos and disruption. The 99%’er movement was composed of a fairly large number of the most idiotic people ever assembled on the planet. Look at all the crapola those fools did, and out of nothing but a sheer sense of jealousy and entitlement. Were they called out for their ****.ity by the democrat leadership anywhere at any time? Barely. Left leaning radical protests are larger and more frequent than those on the right. That doesnt mean there are more left leaning radicals with safes full of guns and an sttic full of ammo ready to take care of business. It just means they make themselves known and cause more disruption. It’s not really a point up for honest debate. It’s accurate.

Of course liberals will protest more than conservatives (supported by the Gallup poll). Protests are for evoking change and conservatives want to maintain the status quo hence the name. Conservatives will protest when they feel the status quo is threatened with the most notable, recent example being the tea party protests which evolved into a movement that shifted the mainstream portion of the Republican party much further right. There were also many examples of racist harrassment of black congressmen during the tea party event and more than several noose effigies of Obama popped up around the country. We've also seen a spike in violent attacks from the extreme right. However, I don't believe that type of virulent racism and violence defines all conservatives which is a courtesy you seem unwilling to give to anyone that falls left of center. You'll have to provide some links of local dems encouraging chaos and disruption of their own towns and cities because I couldn't find any. Only thing I found was maxine waters saying to harass trump admin members but that's a far cry from supporting violence. Occupy wall street was incredibly disorganized and ultimately ineffective but it's central theme of fighting corporate corruption and influence on government was supported by democrats. It wasn't that crazy of a position since we had just entered the worst recession since the depression due to wall street greed. Political radicals believe society needs to be changed in a way that can only be accomplished through revolutionary tactics (not necessarily violent). Almost everyone in America falls outside that.

A few liberals who infiltrated and pretended to be conservative racists at tea party events is not a legitimate representation. By this logic, everyone at the game when Sasser got drunk is also guilty of the remark. We have seen a spike in violence from the right, as it appears there are folks who are starting to strike back against the rhetoric of Eric “kick em” Holder, Cory “get jn their face” Booker”, Maxine Waters, and Hillary “we wont be civil” Clinton. I dont support those actions either.

You said: “I don't believe that type of virulent racism and violence defines all conservatives which is a courtesy you seem unwilling to give to anyone that falls left of center”.

I challenge you to support this statement with something I’ve actually said.

Come on man liberals infiltrating tea party events to pretend to be racist? That's too obvious of a troll attempt.

They do fake things in order to sway public opinion to their side. It's a pretty classic political maneuver, and extremely dastardly. They come out with some "hate crime", it gets spread all over the news and media before it's proven, then it's disproven, then crickets.... damage done. The manipulation being done to the public through propaganda and PR smear campaigns is real and it's bad. I'm quite disheartened by it because I don't see it getting fixed. Thanks internet...Everyone though the age of information would be a great thing, that is until the information became tainted.

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2019

@RxDawg said:

@YaleDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@YaleDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RxDawg said:
    This wave of hate the political left has been riding in order to win elections is coming with consequences. To many people addicted to rage. To many people wanting to blame all their problems on "the others" out there. I liked SoFl Dawg's post because he touched on how people fear the unknown. This has been true since the dawn of time. It's truly sad how many have been manipulated and mislead so a few can gain power.

90% of mainstream political rage in recent years has come from the right, fueled by alt right and fake news sites. This is the community that elected Donald Trump.
    We are just now seeing true far left activist gaining real power, it's a direct counter measure to the far right.
    Common sense and fair mindedness is losing out to radicalization, irrational white fear of Obama was the big catalyst in the train to hell gaining momentum.

Dude you are crazy.... first, what exactly is the "far right"? Where is this supposed "far right"? Because that's not who I see marching in the streets, blocking up highways, screaming in people's faces. No the left took off and left everyone else behind. This in turn makes everyone else look "far" to you, but really most of us are still near the middle. It's relative. What I really fear is when the "far right" actually does show up. Because if the left keeps jumping up and down and screaming and finger pointing and riling up hate.... well it won't be pretty when the right acts like they do.

So what... a thousand of them. In the entire country? Yeh, that's a huge problem we better jump all over. They're obviously pulling all kinds of strings with the country.

So you think the far left that are "marching in the streets, blocking up highways, screaming in people's faces" that is also a very small percentage of the population are pulling all kinds of strings with the country?

They do it in multiple cities. But the biggest difference... the right leaders disavow those people. The left leaders support their radicals and even prop them up. I assure you, the right doesn't act like the left does. When they do, I'll think as little of them as I do of the left now.

Just so I get this straight, you say a small percentage of the right is far right(which I completely agree with), but that the far left is so predominate in the left that they control entire cities? That's saying at least 51% of the liberals in your given cities are hard left. That's just not factual.

I beieve he was saying, or st least I will say, that the number of radicals is much more visible on the left, and municipal (dem controlled) governments appear more willing to allow them to creat chaos and disruption. The 99%’er movement was composed of a fairly large number of the most idiotic people ever assembled on the planet. Look at all the crapola those fools did, and out of nothing but a sheer sense of jealousy and entitlement. Were they called out for their ****.ity by the democrat leadership anywhere at any time? Barely. Left leaning radical protests are larger and more frequent than those on the right. That doesnt mean there are more left leaning radicals with safes full of guns and an sttic full of ammo ready to take care of business. It just means they make themselves known and cause more disruption. It’s not really a point up for honest debate. It’s accurate.

Of course liberals will protest more than conservatives (supported by the Gallup poll). Protests are for evoking change and conservatives want to maintain the status quo hence the name. Conservatives will protest when they feel the status quo is threatened with the most notable, recent example being the tea party protests which evolved into a movement that shifted the mainstream portion of the Republican party much further right. There were also many examples of racist harrassment of black congressmen during the tea party event and more than several noose effigies of Obama popped up around the country. We've also seen a spike in violent attacks from the extreme right. However, I don't believe that type of virulent racism and violence defines all conservatives which is a courtesy you seem unwilling to give to anyone that falls left of center. You'll have to provide some links of local dems encouraging chaos and disruption of their own towns and cities because I couldn't find any. Only thing I found was maxine waters saying to harass trump admin members but that's a far cry from supporting violence. Occupy wall street was incredibly disorganized and ultimately ineffective but it's central theme of fighting corporate corruption and influence on government was supported by democrats. It wasn't that crazy of a position since we had just entered the worst recession since the depression due to wall street greed. Political radicals believe society needs to be changed in a way that can only be accomplished through revolutionary tactics (not necessarily violent). Almost everyone in America falls outside that.

A few liberals who infiltrated and pretended to be conservative racists at tea party events is not a legitimate representation. By this logic, everyone at the game when Sasser got drunk is also guilty of the remark. We have seen a spike in violence from the right, as it appears there are folks who are starting to strike back against the rhetoric of Eric “kick em” Holder, Cory “get jn their face” Booker”, Maxine Waters, and Hillary “we wont be civil” Clinton. I dont support those actions either.

You said: “I don't believe that type of virulent racism and violence defines all conservatives which is a courtesy you seem unwilling to give to anyone that falls left of center”.

I challenge you to support this statement with something I’ve actually said.

Come on man liberals infiltrating tea party events to pretend to be racist? That's too obvious of a troll attempt.

They do fake things in order to sway public opinion to their side. It's a pretty classic political maneuver, and extremely dastardly. They come out with some "hate crime", it gets spread all over the news and media before it's proven, then it's disproven, then crickets.... damage done. The manipulation being done to the public through propaganda and PR smear campaigns is real and it's bad. I'm quite disheartened by it because I don't see it getting fixed. Thanks internet...Everyone though the age of information would be a great thing, that is until the information became tainted.

I can point out times this has happened from both sides of the spectrum. Trump was (is) a birther, Jacob wohl came up with a sexual harrasment scheme against mueller, he's revamping birtherism for Kamala Harris, John Cornyn tweeted an out context quote from pelosi the morning after the synagogue shooting to make it seem as if Democrats had some responsibility for it, Fox news pushed that the Clinton's killed seth rich, and that the mail bombs were a false flag orchestrated by Democrats for the midterms. Show me where liberals have done racist things while pretending to be conservatives

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2019

@YaleDawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@YaleDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@YaleDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RxDawg said:

I can point out times this has happened from both sides of the spectrum. Trump was (is) a birther, Jacob wohl came up with a sexual harrasment scheme against mueller, he's revamping birtherism for Kamala Harris, John Cornyn tweeted an out context quote from pelosi the morning after the synagogue shooting to make it seem as if Democrats had some responsibility for it, Fox news pushed that the Clinton's killed seth rich, and that the mail bombs were a false flag orchestrated by Democrats for the midterms. Show me where liberals have done racist things while pretending to be conservatives

I missed Fox news pushing the story that the Clintons murdered Seth Rich. I saw other folks pushing it online, but that hardly counts as it's pretty much the national enquirer these days. But.... you got to admit that was suspicious as hell.

There have been many stories about a muslim woman claiming she was harassed on a NY subway, later fake. The black guy that burned down a church and painted MAGA and Nazi symbols and all kinds of stuff.... well he got caught. Recently there's the actor guy in Chicago, says he was beat up by "rednecks" chanting "this is MAGA country". Now he claims this happened in Chicago, at 2am, with temps around -30 degrees.... This hasn't been disprove yet, but it also hasn't been proven. Like at all. And I don't like jumping to conclusions, but I have some serious doubts about this. Then you have the entire media machine freaking out over a 15yo kid that didn't back down to a bully and was honestly quite mature for having a guy banging a drum in his face. All of this crap is just off the top of my head. 2 of them are within the past couple weeks. I don't know what it really proves except that first there is a race to see who can be the biggest victim it seems among way to many people. Second there are far to many willing to push false stories in order to propagate their agenda. Yes both sides do it, but it seems to me that one side is far more willing to...