Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

National Awkward Moments Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe a bit embarassing but we've all had those awkward moemnts. Any you care to share with us?

It's also National Supreme Sacrifice Day. Meant to honor those who have paid the ultimate price while helping others. It's not only for our men and women in the military but also anyone who has gone out of his or her way to help someone in need.

Finally, one of my favorites, it's National Sloppy Joe Day. We used Hunt's Sloppy Joe mix when I was a kid growing up in Cali.

Comments

• tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"here is your ticket. enjoy your movie"

"thanks, you too"

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've done this a lot with waiters and waitresses. Never gets less embarrassing

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The day I met my future wife's mother I was nervous and compounded the chemical time bomb by stopping for tacos beforehand. Right in the middle of introductions I had a loud one slip past the old sphincter.

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’ve actually never had a sloppy joe. Not the sort of thing my mom would be apt to cook as a kid and I was a picky eater. Am I really missing out on anything?

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Had just taken a new job and my wife was about to give birth to our first son. While making my introductory sales call, I engaged in conversation with the customer, and inevitably began discussing our pending new child. On the way out, since the purchasing agent was a rather large lady, I inquired as to when she was due; she informed me that she was NOT pregnant! 😮

I quickly said my goodbyes and never called on that customer again! 😂

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2019

Awkward moment...

First time I ever played golf, first shot, on the first tee. I was 13yo, on vacation in Florida with a classmate, whose dad took us out to play. They were both experienced golfers and single digit handicaps. All I had going for me was a good baseball swing.

My friend stood on the tee with me. His dad was still in his golf cart. They told me to swing away. So I teed one up and practiced my baseball swing, then stepped into it, full stride, hard as I could. The ball shot off the tee at 100 mph, but on a 90 degree angle, directly into the golf cart. Ricocheted and rattled around that cart forever, like it was a pinball machine. Can't believe I didn't kill the guy.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2019

No. And definitely not the store bought kind. Always disappointed in beef in a tomato sauce (except for full-blown spaghetti topping.)

Suggest you saute some chopped onions and perhaps chopped green pepper. Add Steak-umm slices . Before taking out of pan, add slice of favorite cheese. Dump on a roll (perhaps a hot dog bun). Could add some warm pizza/spaghetti sauce to step it up.

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AnotherDawg that's hilarious. But hey if you found the ball, that's not bad for a first shot

My dad threw a club once toward the cart, came back at him and broke his nose. Glad I wasnt playing with that day

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh yes! At MCRD (Marine Corps Recruit Depot) Parris Island, South Carolina! There were just too many to recall each of them... in just the first 3 days there!!! Too “R” rated to figure out how to share any of them here?

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Working at my hotel back in 2006 and a gentleman who may or may not have been in a crime family was in a wheelchair and needed his car. I asked him...

”you guys ready to roll out of here?”

luckily I wasn’t whacked

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

True story of embarrassment.

I accidentally pooted in class next to a hot chick once. I mean, it just decided to roll out without any warning whatsoever. And that girl whipped her head around towards me, with the look of OMG! on her face. And to show y'all just how smooth I am, what did I do in the moment to play it off? I started beatboxing, of course. Did it work? I dunno, but for some strange reason, I never did get her number. Pffft, chicks!

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh, and for the record, the Fat Boys were popular at the time.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

Worked as a bartender for a few years. Serviced the bar and tables in slower times. Not once, but on a few occasions I misstated the "Yes Sir" or "Yes Ma'am" to ones that it should not have been stated to......

Sloppy Joes.....Don't know what you're missing. Easy recipe, Ground Beef, Chili Sauce, Ketchup, Brown Sugar, Chopped Onions and Green Peppers. Burger Buns and Pickles and you are all set.......

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Like today when I sat down in a rolling chair with a pillow in the seat, slid forward, the pillow moved but the chair didn't! 😴

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BTW, it wasn't my chair. I work in a hospital in I/T. I was helping a customer - or at least I thought I was - the customer ended up helping me up off the floor.