Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

The Iron Throne

Comments

• Options
    DCochranDCochran Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019

That's a great point about killing Cersei. I thought the same thing. It'll be a bit of an overkill to have her kill ALL of the villains, and I was thinking to myself that Tyrion was really kinda in the background of that epic episode last night. So, I'm thinking he gets to kill her. It's almost like he's being trivialized a bit and he is certainly a fan favorite. So, the consolation prize for not setting on the thrown will be to off his evil sister. I just hope he doesn't die in the process. That'd certainly end the show on a real downer.

• Options
    benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    The Night King

I loved arya killing the night king but also:

Nobody important died last night

The white walkers didn't DO anything

No jon snow x night king duel is a rip off

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Tyrion Lannister

Starting to think Bran becomes Night King. He died too easily.

• Options
    GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Jon Snow

I agree that Tyrion's been underutilized and that they're saving him for something big.

In interest of poetic closure (like we saw with the Valerian steel dagger) however, I'm thinking Jaime ends up being the one to end Cersei's life because:

1) he was the one who began all this by pushing Bran out the window in the first place and

2) he acquired the "Kingslayer" nickname because of his betrayal (even if it was justified) of the last Targaryen monarch. It would seem fitting that he'd also end up responsible for putting a new Targaryen monach (Jon or Dany) back onto the Iron Throne.

• Options
    GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Jon Snow

You might be right, we still have no real idea what he was up to when he was off warging for most of the battle.

Could be that an apocalyptic threat like the Night King is part of a necessary cycle of destruction (also see the Doom of Valyria) that has to be perpetuated and he's going to fill that role.

• Options
    BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019
    The Night King

Straight up assassin. Ice in her veins, like Bellamy at Notre Dame!!!

• Options
    swilkerson73swilkerson73 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    Daenerys Targaryen

Way too dark to be able to tell what was going on. I'm not even sure if there's one dragon left or two.

Agreed

• Options
    Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Daenerys Targaryen

I want Jon Snow to sit on the Iron Throne, but given the "Woke" history of this show and penchant for strong female characters, I think Dany will end up on the throne.

• Options
    HumbleYourselfHumbleYourself Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Sansa Stark

I can't help but feel that they got the order wrong on this one. They should have resolved the iron throne before tackling the night king...everything else feels anticlimactic now. Maybe there are some tricks up the sleeve that makes me rethink this, but right now I have a who cares sort of feeling for the rest of the season.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod
    The Night King

You know it was a book first right? There's no "woke" history. If anything, "woke" people would probably disagree with you after what happened to Sansa on her wedding night to Ramsay Bolton

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Arya Stark

Actually... I think they do quite a good job of presenting strong female characters without being patronizing as hell about it. Take the recent Avengers movie for instance....

(VERY SMALL SPOILER ALERT)

there is a scene in the final battle where all the women characters decide to get together and attack as one... because who doesn't do that in the middle of a massive life and death battle to push your SJW agendas. I'm sure the guys were all like "wait, I thought you were watching my six..."

I appreciate the way GOT does this. They do it in a way that feels more organic. There are strong characters in the show and they may or may not be female.

• Options
    The Night King

Aforementioned avengers scene got a VERY HARD eye roll from me. If this Captain Marvel can bring down a whole spaceship does she need all that help?

• Options
    dawgfantipdawgfantip Posts: 259 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    DCochranDCochran Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Me and my crowd had this discussion....but I think the idea that Cersei just sit back and let everybody else do the fighting was just another ploy to get everyone to hating her and the Iron Fleet guy even more. Now, there is an even more sense of dread that there aren't going to be enough numbers to fight her after the Zombie battle. Which adds more to the tension.

• Options
    The Night King

Also when you think back to the end of season 6, Dany looked invincible. They had to even the score even if it meant substandard storytelling

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I hate you and will not participate in your poll

OK--I don't hate you and I guess in saying that--I'm participating in your poll. I'm not really sure what I just voted for so...

• Options
    Daenerys Targaryen

Yes, I read the first book, which aligned almost 100% with HBO's version. HBO went further adrift from George Martin's next three books with each subsequent season.

I'm obviously being a bit cynical regarding the consistent PC thread that runs through this storyline - strong intelligent women with power standing next to men who are largely portrayed as weak, ineffectual, brutal psychopaths, **** mongers unscrupulous guns for hire. Not all mind you, but the statement is pretty clear.

Before everyone throws tomatoes and cabbage at me, I still love the series.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Arya Stark

@Casanova_Flatulence

It is certainly a pattern being reflected in a lot of today's entertainment. It will eventually die down to a more normal amount. Till then, I avoid the ones that make it obvious at the forefront.

• Options
    SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Other

I've had Gendry as my dark horse for awhile. He's Robert's son we know, but I keep thinking he's also the child Cersei had that she thought died.

I'm less confident as this season goes and the interviews I've watched. That being said, it's better than my alternate theory which is a cut to black and then reappears with Tony Saprano on the throne giving everyone the finger.

• Options
    Daenerys Targaryen

The part that chaps my cheeks is attempts by Producers and Screen Writers to alter historical events and characters by kowtowing at the alter of Political Correctness. Almost everything published by Netflix is PC. I can overlook it to a degree, but I thought entertainment was suppose to help us escape from politics and reality, not jam it down our throats.