Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Braves Ongoing Season Comments Thread..

Comments

• Options
    TxDawg412TxDawg412 Posts: 204 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2019

Yippy ! Duvall does it again. Great great win. Hopefully the team is back to being the clutch crew it was in that great run to lock up the east. I feel bad for Soroka but management and fans understand how key he's been and will continue to be.

Man, at worse we'll have Folty in Atlanta for game 5. Let's just finish this tomorrow though.

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Postgame show on now on FoxSports South East

• Options

I do. I wish he could hit and keep pace with a snail on the bases, but yeah, that is a big plus.

• Options

Duvall might well be MVP of this series. Of course Folty and Soroka have been superb as well.

• Options
    KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How you gonna dog on his speed and say nothing about Big Macs.

Man I’m on such a high right now I can’t believe we stole that win. Pitching is doing great let’s wake the bats up and make a run.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Goooooooooooooo Braves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My teenaged son lives with his mom. I texted him to make sure he was following the game. He said everyone in their neighborhood had gathered together, impromptu, to watch the final three innings together. Atlanta officially has Braves post-season fever. Feels like the 90's again.

• Options
    UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Duvall with the huge hit we needed. Swanson making them pay for walking Mac to get to him. Soroka pitching like a Cy Young candidate. Bullpen coming through. Just an awesome awesome game.

Now we need to finish this off tomorrow. Give Keuchel the ball Snit.

• Options
    KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was ready to flip my s**t if Adam freaking wainwright beat us 1-0

• Options
    DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have no more fingernails to chew on after this weekend.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2019

Not as sick as Mets fans with the Bonilla contract... and the cheap Braves wouldn’t have Wainwright right now anyway.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2019

You tell him Teddy!

Only 16 payments left on the Bonilla deal. $1.19M every July 1 thru 2035.

Seriously though, I hated it when we let Wainwright go (in a short-sighted trade for J.D. Drew.) He's never won a Cy Young but he's finished in the top 3 four different times, and he's been a consummate pro. Would have been nice to have him in a Braves uniform all these years.

I also hated it when we let Charlie Morton go (in an ill-advised trade for Nate McLouth). Charlie took a while to find his groove, but he's 45-16 over the past three seasons and now one of the best starters in baseball.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,884 mod

I just will always remember how he froze Beltran in 06. That title was ours for the taking and that fraudulent Cards team stole it

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

K..I’ve only got 1.5k comments to catch up but the end of the game tonight and this series has reminded me of how fun playoff baseball can be. Go Braves!

• Options

I love baseball when I have a team in the hunt. I love GREAT baseball period.

• Options
    Bulldawg90Bulldawg90 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2019

I admit I was the “ye” in the phrase “ye of little faith”. I was too dumbstruck to post a comment yesterday. They’ve done it all season, so I should have believed in them.

While it’s hard to overcome countless letdowns over the years, I won’t doubt this particular Braves team again.

I think I just jinxed them.

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My emotions last night were more scattered than hash browns at Waffle House. Three hours of frustration and anger, followed by that sense of hope that you expect to get crushed.

Then, disbelief when Dansby tied it. When Duvall singled, absolute joy. When Goldschmidt doubled in the 9th, despair showed up. When Yadi softly flied out to end it, unbridled elation.

What a game.

• Options
    MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2019

I was sick that the Cards manufacured a run on that hit where Ozuna's bat makes just enough contact to hit a flare between Freeman and the right fielder. And just landing fair.

But what a great comeback. And TBS posted an amazing stat. This was the first time in 32 post-season games we have taken a series lead -- dating back to 2002.

17 years!

This discussion has been closed.