Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Did anybody think there was even a tiny chance the political thread would end well ?

Comments

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod
    Well Biden made that great comment which got totally twisted against him but the main message was the two parties used to try and work together. Now it’s two warring faction who only are interested in helping their particular voters rather than all their constituents. 

And that seems to have have gotten worse since Obama got elected to his second term. 

Sorry for talking about politics
  • Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,173 mod

I see you are making your best effort to get this thread closed also.

This thread is about a thread that did not go well, not about politics, the debt, sequester and not what you are unhappy about......so follow your own advice and stay on topic

• Options
    UGA_2019UGA_2019 Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior
    *Spams thread with 30 political memes that were probably made by the GRU* 
    *Thread is closed for spam*
    ”BUT MUH FREEZE PEACH”
  • Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

fanboy. I've had trouble with editing for 2 days. I was afraid it was my computer.

• Options

NOW this is a political thread.....**** !

• Options
    tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    @tfk_fanboy it’s almost like you wanted the thread closed 😉
  • Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I vote no yard sales, but Im game for another knife thread,  FWIW, I never said expensive kitchen knives weren’t worth owning, just that they were unnecessary and not what the typical commercial kitchen has on rotation.  Please accept my applogy

Speaking of temper tantrums - isn’t that exactly what someone is throwing when they enter a political thread just to complain about the political thread?   Hypocrisy will never be monopolized.  

The bourbon thread was also nice.  Ive tried 5 different ones off that thread.   Currently on a bottle of Willett.  The bottle of Wellers I found was outstanding, but I couldn’t help myself so it is gone

See that’s the thing.   Some people are okay with going off-topic as long as the off-topic topic is one they are okay with seeing discussed.  Just let the conversations evolve and die.  They always die.   Even the Gator Hate thread will eventually die.  Maybe.  Perhaps.   I dunno.   See now there’s something I don’t know.  

Will the Gator Hate thread ever die?  Probably not.   
  • Options

Now it's turned into a knife fight...😫

• Options
  • Options

I wonder who voted down so many of my posts in this thread....hmmm

lol

• Options
    HumbleYourselfHumbleYourself Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019
    @YaleDawg wasn't that your reason for posting the numbers in the first place? You seemed pretty clear that your agenda was not politics but only to spark the inevitable explosion of vitriol that necessarily accompanies politics. I personally thought it was perfectly played on your part!
  • Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    You are correct. Worked like a charm
  • Options
    Lol, there are many things that I am, but ignorant (regarding this topic) is not one of them. You spammed the thread, thread was closed for spam. Simple as that. As for the GRU comment, try reading the Muller Report or tuning in to CSPAN on July 17th, but something tells me you most certainly will not because you don’t want to hear anything that doesn’t agree with the opinion you formed BEFORE looking at the facts. These people are actively trying to push Americans further and further apart and you’re helping them. 
  • Options
    *Mueller. My bad, gotta put some respek on his name
  • Options

nothing in post addresses why I called your post ignorant. it is almost like you missed the point completely!

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Spammed it on purpose, did you?  Sounds like what some might call a temper tantrum.   

This thread is pretty worthless.  Just a bunch of people posting stuff, claiming what they posted meant nothing, and then agreeing with each other that they did a good job of killing a thread in which they were the only ones participating.   
  • Options