Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Did anybody think there was even a tiny chance the political thread would end well ?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well...who knew? I’m guessing not many people use the forum while logged out. The fact those rules disappeared has been openly discussed and acknowledged by at least one member of your bully pulpit without pointing this out.

Now if you guys would just apply those to everyone instead of picking and choosing.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod
  • Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

If we had a mature dialog in politics I'd really enjoy conversing, but we don't. Politics is now saturated with vitriol, anger, close mindedness and hatred in this country and it is EVERYWHERE. I think John McCain might have been the last truly civil high ranking and highly visible leader in our national government, and his own party cast him aside in the end because of it. The only conversation you can have that doesn't degenerate into insults is with like minded people, and preaching to the choir only reinforces the divisions, it accomplishes nothing.

• Options
    UGA_2019UGA_2019 Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Well I don’t know about you guys but I can see the rules when I’m logged in. 
  • Options
    Maybe you clicked the “X” in the top right corner of the blue box. It even shows up when I’m logged in on desktop, except the box is red. So the “disappearance” hasn’t occurred for me in any form. 
  • Options
    Another image. Notice the lack of the login/register buttons
  • Options
    @tfk_fanboy “Oh darn this guy made some good points, better think of something quick”
    ”yOu MiSsEd ThE pOiNt”
    ”Okay then explain what your point is clearly”
    *crickets*

@Bankwalker “rUlEs NoT sHoW wHeN lOgGeD iN”
    ”Yeah they do, look here”
    *crickets*
  • Options
    tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I tend not to entertain idiots, easier to avoid. I saw almost every post of yours was not UGA, sure sign of someone not worth responding to on a UGA forum. But since you have tagged me twice now it is obvious important to you

My point was your post was wrong

"*Spams thread with 30 political memes that were probably made by the GRU* 

*Thread is closed for spam*

”BUT MUH FREEZE PEACH”"

that was your post

first, you have no idea if it was closed for spam or if it was closed before it got out of hand due to my posts. and then I never complained or said anything that could intelligently be interpreted as "but muh freeze peach" so whatever point you were attempting to make was asinine. it was a troll post, a cry for attention (which you are getting, so congrats), and completely devoid of substance or value.

hope that help, you made it a much bigger deal than it needed to be, you obviously can't let it go since you continue to call me out, and you have a great day

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod

I'm going to step in to point out a few things:

As Moderators, we all try to give every thread and post in that thread the opportunity to bring something to the board. Some being controversial and others not. We are here to keep the threads and post within the rules that this board set forth in the beginning.

Yes ,there are rules and yes they are visible to everyone when you first visit the board. If you "X" out of them and they are not visible, it doesn't mean you are not bound by them.

We are in the process of refining the Rules which will be posted as a Forum " Sticky" . No excuses from that point on.

Let me just add, that if anyone else wants to provoke or instigate and "argument" your post is subject to "Moderation" as folks like to call it.......

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Mod Squad is on the case. Keeping this board decent for all Americans.