Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

General topic, what (if anything) have you learned this week ?

Comments

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It was serviced (annual contract) at the end of May. Feel like temps of 105-108 was the culprit both in terms of AC and extra showers, extra laundry in terms of both clothes and sweat towels etc.

• Options

I don't answer my phone period unless it's a contact. If you want to talk to me leave a message.

• Options
    DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I learned it was entirely too hot to do much of anything this week.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

HootiePepper, Thank gosh robo calls might be a thing of the past with the new legislation that outlaws them. I read that 60% of cell calls are now computer actuated robo calls. I learned to wait 2 seconds then hang up if I don't recognize the number since there's a lag before the computer connect robo calls.. If I do recognize the number I just let it ring till the caller gives up....I'm not big on phone conversations.

• Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,175 mod
  • Options
    mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This week I learned that Plantar Fasciitis is no joke. Can also impact a host of other bones & muscles in the body.

Conveniently ties in to both @CTDawg and the flip flops posting.

Take care of your feet. They take you everywhere and you only get one set.

• Options

I look up such calls (never answer) on google and "Block Caller" if it shows as a scam, political, credit agency etc.

• Options
    Red_N_BlackRed_N_Black Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I've learned that my sweat glands work better than any other glands I got

• Options

I discovered my overactive sweat glands right about the time I hit puberty. I just came in from spreading pea pebbles around an area where oak roots made it impossible to cut the grass. So I cut the grass roots like they cut sod about 2'' below the surface, enclosed the area with paver bricks and covered it with 20 cubic ft of pea pebbles. Long story short, I'm sweating me arse off.

• Options
    tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love my flip flips. olukai are my go-to. those, loafers, and my tecovas make up 99% of my non-running footwear. I have some Filson boots and deer leather dress shoes for the other 1%

I learned hours of drinking and a ladder don't mix. I now have a messed up ankle and a 1/2 marathon in less than 3 months. there goes my sub-2 hour time. the ankle and foot is pretty bruised and swollen

• Options
    tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

well, at least he has a brain. some Florida fans can't say the same

I can't be serious, sorry.

• Options

Barring something coming up we'll be at the ND game too. We decided We've got to see Our Dawgs live against The Irish bums. The last ND game I saw live was way back on January 1st 1981.

• Options
    how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    bvilledawgbvilledawg Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

Learned last Tuesday not to let myself get blocked from land by a thunderstorm 20 miles off the coast of Pensacola. Truly terrifying!