Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

General topic, what (if anything) have you learned this week ?

Comments

• Options
    tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

good. I **** at serious ****. make some jokes around him. he'll appreciate it. normal is a good feeling when life isn't normal.

• Options
    UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019

I learned that a good way to wake yourself up if you’re getting tired while driving is dump an ice cold mug of water in your lap. It’ll open your eyes really wide quick.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This week I learned that it (a new week's comments) starts on Page 3.

• Options
    DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I learned this morning that going back to work after being off since July 3rd truly s.ucks. I left half the things I need to do my job in my little corner office at home.

• Options
    JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 8,564 admin
    edited July 2019

Have you tried "Dudes" yet?

Olukai was No. 1 for me. But was holding on too tight. Lost the edge. Turned in its wings.

My Dudes were No. 2. Now they're No. 1.

Feels like I buzz the tower every day in them and get away with the admiral's daughter, too.

Bonus: They float.

Also: To stay on topic, when you watch "Top Gun" for the umpeenth time, it is still a very fun thing.

Does give a man the urge to play less tennis and golf and more volleyball, though.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Look if You're 20 years old and looking adult isn't a concern buy a well made pair of flip flops so you don't have them slipping off your hip feet.

If You're 50 years old and you want to wear them on vacation buy a decent pair so you don't look completely ridiculous and have some fun.

If You're 50 years old never under any circumstances were them to your home town Home Depot and for the sake of those dear to you, NEVER put on those dollar things and waddle around like a drunk toddler.

• Options
    tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    jc30116jc30116 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've known that one for 19 years now and yes it does work very well. Of course, said vehicle being driven may end up in the ditch in the process.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Does anyone know where Chip Towers has been or why he hasn’t posted anything on DawgNation lately?

• Options

I have also learned this past week that scratching one side of my head makes a different sound than scratchingvthe other side of my head makes. At least that is how my brain interprets it from inside.

What I'm left to ponder is why..why is this the case ? What conditions are the cause of this ?

So far these things have occurred to me as possibilties..

1. The left side of my skull it thicker than the right side.

2. I have more left side brains than right side brains.

3. I have a brain tumor.

4.I hear. out of one ear than the other ear.

• Options

Thanks Teddy, that puts my mind at ease, well the left side at least.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have learned that even though the unemployment rate is at an all time low that finding a new job is still a mother F-er.

• Options

Pg. I feel for you. After I realized I wasn't ready for full retirement but putting together another contrating crew wasn't something I wanted I went through 3 ill fitting jobs before I said fudge this bull spit and re-retired, now I'm running out of home projects and getting antsy again. If I had it to do over again I would go back to school and gain some 21st century tech skills while I was young and flexible enough to roll with the changes.

Hang in there and keep the drive alive, you'll find a good fit.

• Options
    DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope this works.

I learned that something happened to Saban over the summer. I didn't know who he was when I first looked at the pic.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have also learned that all these companies bragging about hiring military are really just looking for entry level guys coming out after one tour. They really aren’t sure what to do with senior leaders who have been in charge of hundreds or even thousands of employees and a gazillion dollars of equipment and assets.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

almost looks like someone used the face app on him to make him look older