Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

General topic, what (if anything) have you learned this week ?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is it just me or does that make Coach Pruitt look like Thanos ?

• Options
    how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks Jeff to you and everyone who has reached out . My brother is home and has even been cleared to drive short distances. Long term outlook is good so far but after his radiation treatments are completed we will know more. Again thanks the kind words and support was very helpful .

• Options
    DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    Dawgsince76Dawgsince76 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

About the driving thing, I’ve learned that it never fails that as soon as I do the right thing and move over to let these “faster” moving cars pass some idiot ends up driving beside me and boxing me in making me break my cruise control witch really grinds my gears.

• Options
    JoeClarkJoeClark Posts: 428 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I learned that it you don’t have continuous exhaust in the hotel restroom then code requires an increase in CFMs being brought into the building

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dawgsince76. The idea many have that the person driving fastest should be deferred to is nonsense. If you've driven on open interstate in fairly heavy but not bottlenecked traffic you understand the pain in the ass jerk who insist on driving 85 even when there is an implied agreement among most drivers in that lane to drive 75 or 80 mph. The jerk butt stain always has to act like the dominant driver and tailgate to try to intimidate others to either match his speed or get out of the way. If I was ever going to go full road rage it would be on a **** like that.

In a civilized society it would be very easy, faster and safer on the open road. If you have 4 lanes of eastbound traffic the far right lane might be traveling 55, match it or move left 1 lane. The 2nd lane from the right might be traveling 65, match it or move left or right depending on how fast you want to go. The nest lane left in going 75, match it or move left or right. If you move left you're in the far left, whatever the flow is in that lane either match it while leaving a safe distance between yourself and the vehicle in front of you or move right. NEVER try to bully the driver in front of you by riding his or her bumper. In a just society law enforcement would execute overly aggressive drivers on the side of the road. I guarantee you the problem would be solved quickly.