Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

That was the greatest tennis match of all time..

2»

Comments

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The longest match at Wimbledon was in 2010 Isner v Mahut which ended 70-68 in the 5th set . Total games was 183 and the 5th set alone lasted 8 hours 11 minutes. The match was played over 3 days and took 11 hours 5 minutes.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

Clearly my DVers were not Johnny Mac fans like I was

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Flew right over their heads.

The new technology showing where the ball hit would have quieted him down.

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hate McEnroe, with a passion, when he finally beat Borg I remember be really really angry. Yesterday's match was unbelievably special.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@kASEY, It went right over my head, that's for sure. Nice.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Orlando. For some reason still unclear to me I pulled for Joker most of the match. Maybe it was because most of the live crowd was cheering for Federer. When Joker won though I felt a tad bit of sadness, It's never good to see likeable champions fade into the sunset.

• Options
    swilkerson73swilkerson73 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited July 2019

My favorites were the old McEnroe v Lendl. That or Connors

Those guys clearly didnt like each other. Heck McEnroe hated everybody.

Connors didn't necessarily hate everybody. He just loved himself so much that I guess he hated everyone else by comparison. There was a little tennis boom in the mid 70's because of those two.

• Options

Level was a great technetion. That led me to think he was a dry Eastern European reformed commie. Turns out the guy is one of The most engaging and funny guys I've listened to now that the pressure is off.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

Connors was a prick. I think Mac was just so competitive and those outbursts were gamesmanship to an extent. As a cranky only child that often threw tantrums I related.

Sadly I only caught the tail end of his career. theres a great book about borg and McEnroe if you’re interested

• Options

This board's software has more bugs than a 20 dollar a night motel room. I gave up on trying to edit my last post, it continually locks the site when I try.

As often happens here spell check ran wild and changed Lendl to level and for some odd reason changed technician to technetion.