Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What happened to so-FL - dawg ??

Comments

• Options
    UgaXforPresidentUgaXforPresident Posts: 275 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't see that post from @Bankwalker . I have noticed recently that posts are seemingly disappearing. Is it a glitch? Am i missing them right in front of my eyes? Or are they being deleted? If deletion is the answer, can someone share the grounds on which the posts are judged?

• Options
    GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

It might have been flagged for moderation for being abusive. That happens sometimes. I’m not totally sure how the system works

• Options
    LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So we let a UF troll have his say while an actual Dawg fan who is probably one of the top ten (non-DN staff) contributors to this site is told to look elsewhere?

I know we aren’t always going to see eye-to-eye as Dawg fans, and I know we’re going to have fans of other teams drop in and needle us from time-to-time. A certain amount of that is what makes this place fun, and the best of the fans from other schools often make some positive contribution in addition to the needling. But trading someone who makes significant contributions to the site on a daily basis for someone who’s purely here to cause trouble seems...counterproductive.

• Options
    DawgatronDawgatron Posts: 449 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When he’s here, this board is sooooo fl dawg. When he gone, it’s no fl dawg. Maybe he should hire Tom Mars.

#Free@SoFL_Dawg

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm sure I'm not the only one who wishes you well and also hopes you return to this conversation.

Running off civil and informed participants seems wrong to me. The bar for discouraging posts should be very high, and higher still for suggesting someone leave even as a "time out" punishment.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    brogdawgbrogdawg Posts: 104 ✭✭✭ Junior

Power is a tough tool to manage.

• Options
    GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

Modding is a tough gig. You're given guidances and directions to follow and I'm sure in most cases, they're doing their best to adhere to their spirit and intent while trying to not show favorites.

I would surmise though that these policies should be periodically re-assessed and revised as necessary for the health of the forum. These kinds of things often have unintended consequences that are difficult to predict in theory, only in practice. It's also normal to experience compliance "shift" through evolving interpretation if you're not regularly re-baselining the expectations.

For all I know, they already do this, I would just note that mods probably don't have as much free-ranging power as we give them credit for, they're still bound by a governing set of rules and page regulations.

• Options
    brogdawgbrogdawg Posts: 104 ✭✭✭ Junior

I agree, it's not a job I would want to do moderating something people are VERY passionate about where reasonableness and respect is forgotten.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    superdawgsuperdawg Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Who is this @SoFL_Dawg y'all speak of?

This discussion has been closed.